Double-Seat Hinge - feedback?

Great thanks, will order soon when funds allow. The double seat gives me back ache after a short while.

I know this thread is old but has anyone done this or has this done lately - none of the links in the thread are valid anymore and looked up vankraft - seems the price has gone from £95 to £155 in a year which seems to be apportioned to VAT??

Welcome To vankraft.co.uk
Looks like Gordon has had to go VAT registered so the cost has gone up slightly.
He used to fit for free though so probably still does.
Really worth the money though. It's made the world of difference to our seat.

Welcome To vankraft.co.uk
Looks like Gordon has had to go VAT registered so the cost has gone up slightly.
He used to fit for free though so probably still does.
Really worth the money though. It's made the world of difference to our seat.
Hello. Likewise, his thread is old but I’m interested in the things mentioned. Those who’ve fitted the replacement vankraft hinge, is it fixed in the 10degree reclined position, as in, this is a permanent change, or can it be reckoned between this and the original position as well as be folded flat?
I’m interested in what is currently showing on his website about an ‘all in one’ swivel, fold flat seat base -swiveling above the seat base so things like battery can stay beneath permanently. All the other double swivels I’ve seen so far seem very clunky. The ‘outdoor technical’ option mentioned above doesn’t seem to exist anymore either.

Hello. Likewise, his thread is old but I’m interested in the things mentioned. Those who’ve fitted the replacement vankraft hinge, is it fixed in the 10degree reclined position, as in, this is a permanent change, or can it be reckoned between this and the original position as well as be folded flat?
I’m interested in what is currently showing on his website about an ‘all in one’ swivel, fold flat seat base -swiveling above the seat base so things like battery can stay beneath permanently. All the other double swivels I’ve seen so far seem very clunky. The ‘outdoor technical’ option mentioned above doesn’t seem to exist anymore either.
Morning bud
The seat only stays in the 10 degree position, there is a small lever that pulls to allow the seat to fold completely forward flat. The 10 degrees makes a big difference.
I haven't used any of the swivel seats so cant comment really. I did see a salesman try to demonstrate his at a show once, he couldn't get the thing to swivel, it was clonking and banging and when he trapped his hand and needed an onlooker to help, he gave up saying it needed a bit of work!!
I'm sure there's better ones though.

So does anyone know how do you swivel with the bracket in place as surely that would make the difference. I’m due to get it fitted but now have concerns - already have a swivel

All I do is fold the seatback down and remove the headrests. Takes an extra 10 seconds or so.
It then swivels normally.

All I do is fold the seatback down and remove the headrests. Takes an extra 10 seconds or so.
It then swivels normally.
Hi thanks for this - can you half fold it and what I mean is I sometimes have a child seat so I would look to release back to probably the old position?

Hi all new to the forum, just bought a T6 and I'm looking for the double seat fold mechanism as I have a cab bunk for my daughter. Did you ever get to the bottom of the Sheffield company that fits them?
Do you have a link
I live near Sheffield

Hello all,

ok so I have a shuttle van and am interested in trying to get my front double and rear double and single to recline.

at present both can be folded flat and are in a fixed upright position when up.

Mia there an aftermarket product for this? Or

Who would be the best company/person to chat with?

Thanks in advance.. Ryzo

@simon so much better in the passenger seat....wife doesn't mind going anywhere now :) why VW never sorted comfort out I will never know

I had this bracket adjusted on my old T5. Can be done and it's not that difficult:
- take down the backrest (about 4-5 star screws)
- take out the center bracket (not difficult)
- then I filed 3-5mm out of it (can't remember exactly what/how much) and got a better angle. Waay better one. Unfortunately it can't be reverted to the original angle. The problem is that once you file too much, you start sliding to the front, and the backrest is not that good anymore. And I didn't have the patience to file-install-check-adjust-unintall-file more-install -- so I filed a big chunck out of it, which proved a bit too much. The part when you put it back is not that easy - needs 4 hands.

So now, on this new T5.1 I'm trying to do the same thing. So I am looking for:
- which hole or stopper I need to file before I remove the bracket (I can't remember)
- how much would I need to file in comparison to the original, to reach a better angle (and not overdo it)

I'll do it anyway, so if I don't get a reply, I'll come back with a picture once done.
(it's way cheaper doing it myself, than buy a new bracket, or send mine to rectify it somewhere in the UK)

does it affect the swivel base can the chair still spin round or does it hit the pillar
Well, fitted the hinge today...took about an hour, but you must make sure you have the spline adapters for a socket set.....so the steps I went through were....undid the nutsholding the seat down, undid the bolts holding up the wires under the seat, then lifted the seat back about 5 inches to get access to the 6 bolts (3 either end of the seat). Slightly undid the bottom 2 bolts, but took the top bolt on each end all the way out. Then undid the 2 additional bolts holding the centre seat bracket....Then I had the rear of the seat in my hand.....took this inside the house (coz it was freezing!) and undid the seat outer, from the rear, then undid 3 bolts under the seat liner...which released the bracket.....I put the new bracket in place and redid the disassembly in reverse......looks great, seat is now at least 10 degrees further back which is a much nicer position for a passenger and the seat now folds flat too. I have attached a few pictures to show it now in its glory.....may stop me getting a single seat for a while :)View attachment 15562 View attachment 15563 View attachment 15564 View attachment 15565
Nice job bud can you tell me bro does this affect the swivel base does the chair still spin with it 10° back mate cheers matt

@Matty k it doesn't effect the swivel base at all, in fact it makes it easier as you can let the rear of the seat flex forward or backwards as you swivel the seat around.

Back