Door Cards

dubdub

T6 Pro
Hi all,

Has anyone been brave enough to try upholstering part or the whole door card, they are a bit of a let down in standard form even in my Highline they're still just a sea of grey plastic.

Having just recovered the rear ceiling and side panels im wondering about having a go at doing just the insides of the upper storage pockets just to break up the bland look, maybe in red to tie in with the new ceiling? :cool::thumbsup:

Anyone tried anything like that??

That will be an interesting look, would like to see the pics of that when done :thumbsup:

I made some templates today, i think it will have to be done using two pieces otherwise i think it will be very difficult to avoid wrinkles, also i think im going to try using large sheets of double sided adhesive sheet to hold it in place i think trying to use spray glue even if i mask up well could get very messy! Anyway i think it will look good as long as i can achieve a neat fit, ill post some pics of the process :thumbsup:

I made some templates today, i think it will have to be done using two pieces otherwise i think it will be very difficult to avoid wrinkles, also i think im going to try using large sheets of double sided adhesive sheet to hold it in place i think trying to use spray glue even if i mask up well could get very messy! Anyway i think it will look good as long as i can achieve a neat fit, ill post some pics of the process :thumbsup:

You are taking door card off, no?

Nope :eek:

Im only proposing to cover the inside of the small upper storage cubbyhole so it will be easier and quicker to leave the door card in place :thumbsup:

Ok job done, it was a bit tricky getting the fabric in because the inside of that cubbyhole is bigger than the opening. I made paper templates then transfered those to the fabric (an off cut from the rear ceiling to match) then i covered the backs using A4 sheets of double sided tape from a craft shop. Then kinda wrestled them into place, is very difficult not to get creases in the fabric as it has to handle several internal curves which compresses the fabric. Overall im rather pleased with the look it ties in nicely with the red in the back and it brakes up those all too dull door card.

I think maybe if it was plain fabric without the thin foam backing it might have gone on neater? But certainly a nice mod worth considering folks :thumbsup:

20190103_151910.jpg

20190103_155006.jpg

20190104_151109.jpg

20190104_151124.jpg

Looks smart :thumbsup:

Simple and effective mod that I don’t think has been done before :unsure: Think how even more awesome it would look with black and red seats.

Craft shop....
3m double sided paper and red felt material.
Brilliant for that sort of thing

Back