door card LED

Sabre

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just been looking throught the other threads on this as I have put my own 'downlighter LEDs' into the door pockets, (only one small faux-pas with passenger side being too close to the back wall, but thats manageable) but, also drilled the back of the door handle in the centre to fit a LED in there. Prob is its too close so just has a round light on the inside of the door handle. Not too bad in one way BUT, it reflects inthe window when you sit inthe driver seat so thats a no-no.
given than everything is plazzy welded in, has anyone found a better way to light up the door handle? cant really get a drill to anywhere that wouldnt have the LED fully visible and completely annoying.

Next, anyone know how I can fill in a 6mm hole in the back of the handle!? :-D

A2751191-4F43-4DD5-B287-2866052C2D51.jpeg
I did the same. 6 LEDs in each door. Can’t say the one in the door pull handle bothers me but saying that not really been out in the dark since fitting.

That looks good mate, how did you place the door handle led to not just produce a circle? Mine also reflects into the side window, which could be annoying.
Also how did you get to place one in the door handle? Did you use actual LEDs or a small strip?
The red and white looks good. Like it.

Reflection may be a problem but haven't noticed it so far.

The one in the handle has been fitted up by the hinge of the pull handle.

They are just individual LEDs (with resistors) all joined onto the one circuit (up by the window switch) so when the headlights etc come, so do they.

Happy to post more pictures info etc if you need it.

Thanks @Shaggy1969 , it's the one in the handle in the middle I'm interested in, not the opener. For now I'm not putting that in, maybe on the courtesy circuit later. Your centre handle is well lit so curious how/where you placed that. Pics would be awesome.

I placed in bang in he middle of the handle, facing straight out. From memory, there is some writing on the back of the handle and just drilled through the middle of it. Also had to watch the bits of plastic inside the handle when putting back as could snag the wire so just cut out a small groove and placed everything back carefully so it didn't catch/snag.

The LEDs are from here:

5mm Pre-Wired 9v-12v Flat Top Wide Angle LEDs Black Prominent Holders/Bezels. | eBay

Also bought the holders to hold them in so they sit slightly proud.

I'll take some pictures of the front etc tonight for you....OK?

Thanks @Shaggy1969 I did exactly what you have drilled the middle of the handle but I have a round beam on the handle inner and that annoying reflection in the window. Tried packing tape as a test filter last night but still reflects in the window. I'm also slightly recessed in the holder. 5mm red.
:eek:
Have to have a rethink. Thanks for your help.

Thanks @Shaggy1969 I did exactly what you have drilled the middle of the handle but I have a round beam on the handle inner and that annoying reflection in the window. Tried packing tape as a test filter last night but still reflects in the window. I'm also slightly recessed in the holder. 5mm red.
:eek:
Have to have a rethink. Thanks for your help.
No probs.

Back