dogs in van

Colwick

T6 Pro
hi all
we take our 2 little dogs wherever we go away.
during the warm weather i leave the side door open which leads into the awning
i wanted to put something in the door opening which goes half way up to stop them getting out at night
anyone got any ideas
thanks in advance

hi all
we take our 2 little dogs wherever we go away.
during the warm weather i leave the side door open which leads into the awning
i wanted to put something in the door opening which goes half way up to stop them getting out at night
anyone got any ideas
thanks in advance
Simple stairgate? I'd say that would do the trick. Nice and simple. Look on Amazon.... Think how to connect to door right enough.

Never tried it as sadly our dog passed away just after we got our van, but the younguns used to have this folding bed side protector to stop them rolling out in hotel beds, might well fit against a side door if yours are not too boisterous. Our elderly Chihuahua would have been fine, Jack Russells maybe not...

I have one of these kicking about in the garage. We used it when the boys were younger to stop them falling out of bed in the caravan.

@Colwick - if you want to give it a go, I’m happy to send it to you. Just pay the postage and stick a couple of quid in a charity box (MacMillan is my preferred!)

I would think that a lead of the correct length is a fairly simple solution.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Hi all,

Got ourselves a lovely dog called Ivy. Wanted a small medium sized dog. However, Ivy broke our hearts. She is a lurcher collie cross...doh! She is 5 months.

We have had one night in the van with her and she was okay as she slept in the bed with my wife and I was up top.

We need alternatives, for sleeping and also travelling. Thinking about the crate but that's leaving not much space.

Please help. Seriously considering selling up and getting a caravan.

IMG-20231027-WA0010.jpg

Dare I say it? About leaving the wife at home?

Nope, I better not.

@bethamari rolls with two large dogs and an other half.

Maybe she can offer some tips?

Our pooch is a med size spanner (Springer) ... So getting us all out together isn't a problem.

Edit:

He's clipped in on the floor anchor point when driving in his dog bed.

Then sleeps in dog bed on floor or jump up on bed.

He also likes the space in the passenger footwell when the seats are swiveled.... A dog blanket thrown in the area and he's well happy to hide out the way when he want.

IMG-20230923-WA0034.jpg

Last edited:
Our border collie sleeps on the bed with Mrs. GM, and I sleep in the pop top which suits us.
She travels on the bench in the back, attached to the seatbelt with a shock absorbing lead now, but we started off with her in a dog bag attached behind the passenger seat. Once on site and set up, it folded flat and was stored behind the swivelled passenger seat in the footwell area.

IMG_0022.png

Back