Does adding an awning increase the overall height?

MJB67

Quick question ...
Does adding a Fiamma F35 awning fitted on Reimo Awning Rail take the T6 over 2 meters in height ?

It might, on the VW factory rail and brackets the awning is the same height as the centre of the roof and sits at 1960mm, but I think the brackets for the Reimo may tack it above the roof line, but then you may have raised or lowed your suspension?

It might, on the VW factory rail and brackets the awning is the same height as the centre of the roof and sits at 1960mm, but I think the brackets for the Reimo may tack it above the roof line, but then you may have raised or lowed your suspension?

Thanks Loz, my suspension is factory standard my conversion was carried out on a commercial T6, saw a van yesterday (below that had it fitted on a different rail type and didn't add height. It's those pesky 2 meter multi stories and car park barriers I'm concerned about.

Cheers Mike

0-1.jpg0-2.jpg0.jpg

Those are the factory California rails like mine.

The standard van roof height is between 1950 - 1990mm according to VW diagram S561-010 so you may already be very close.

Was wondering if there's other Reimo Awning Rail brackets out there that don't add the extra height ?
the ones you mostly see not on the California add another 3 inches

The problem with the height of the brackets is that if they aren't high enough then the sliding door won't open or the passenger door

I would be interested in the height as well as I have access to garage but with 2metre high door ( I have checked) just want to know will it clear it as not bought van yet still reading this forum..

We fit Dometic and attach to REIMO awning rail, this will definately be above existing rooof line, but not bad when an elevating roof is fitted.

You could always lower your van ;)
Cheers,
Ian

awning.jpg

Last edited:
Doh....... might have to rethink garage storage...... still going to view the van anyway. thank you.

As you have seen above it depends on which rails, which awning and which awning brackets.

Reimo do a quick release system to allow quick removal fitting of an awning but I’m not sure of how much of the bracket upstanding is left behind. Concept multi car will know as they supply the system

A quick-release system is interesting, will see if the factory one does this when I see the van, thank you.

Has anyone found a way to have a wind-out awning that doesn't increase the overall height of the van by more than 20mm? I've got a T6.1 that's not lowered, and I regularly go in parking garages with 2m height restrictions.

If it’s under slung, no change to height!
Hi JOG - could you show me how this looks and if this works well? Thanks!

Back