Dodgy light switch?

TEESIXY

T6 Guru
I think that i might have a dodgy light switch. I normally keep them on auto, but needed the fogs on. I clicked it round to the dipped headlamps logo and pulled the switch out. Fair enough, they come on. But, the switch wont push back in and stay in to turn them off. So, i have to turn the switch back to one of the other positions before i can push the switch back in to turn them off. Trouble is it also turns the headlights off as well momentarily ! Yes, i've read the handbook, which covers turning them on, but not off!

An update on this- the switch was faulty. Its been replaced with one which supersedes the faulty one. I've heard others have been faulty too.

I also mentioned that the engine seemed to be regenerating excessively. They said that there was a software update, which they have done. So far so good..

My van is in today for a few minor issues and when I arrived they mentioned a software update for regeneration and also one for battery management, seems they've had problems with flat batteries?

My van is in today for a few minor issues and when I arrived they mentioned a software update for regeneration and also one for battery management, seems they've had problems with flat batteries?
That's interesting, mine keeps warning me that the battery is low. It's back at the dealers Saturday so I will see if they can run the update

Value for money dealer visit, three software updates, regeneration, battery management and egr, plus the window regulator is knacked and a replacement is on order.

That's interesting, mine keeps warning me that the battery is low. It's back at the dealers Saturday so I will see if they can run the update
Could well be mate, mine was updated several months ago and they told me the issue is certain vehicles dont shut down properly (sleep) and module/s stay active and keep a small drain on the battery

Could well be mate, mine was updated several months ago and they told me the issue is certain vehicles dont shut down properly (sleep) and module/s stay active and keep a small drain on the battery
The update was carried out on mine today

I had to put the fogs on last night, for the first time this year, and managed to turn the headlights off while doing so.

I leave the switch on auto, but to turn the switch to the position where you can pull it out for front fog lights, you have to go through the sidelights position.

The headlights stay on if you do it quick, but if someone was not familiar with the van (or had forgotten,like me) it could be dangerous.

Back