Dodgy Diesel - Any idea what this could be??

The problem with non stock parts is you have to order them blind, after the order is placed you can check on the 'expected' delivery date but it basically stays blank until VW DE have some to dispatch.
Last year i ordered some seat covers for @Fish one of them turned up and the other didnt and had no expected delivery, no news or update for ages then it just turned up after about three months, i suspect the dealer has no info to give you, the expected delivery date will only appear when you are within a week or so of it arriving
Sorry i know its not the news you wanted but thats how it works

My BiL is an engineer for Delphi they are one of the ony companies who make injectors. The problem is they supply all the manufacturers, if they are currently tooled up making thousands for volvo they are not making them for vw.
The last batch made for vw will be already allocated for builds and they don’t rob the production stock.

There is so much automation in just in time procurement they are just not geared up to just laying their hands on a few injectors on a shelf somewhere and there won’t be a job role to deal with this anymore.

I suspect you are just out of luck that the spares they had have already been distributed.
What does sometimes happen is parts may get dispersed to distribution points wordwide and they may be able to ship some back from elsewhere, unfortunately with logistics as fast as they are in Europe our stuff all comes directly from Germany.
So I suspect they are waiting for their next bulk order when the spares get replenished.

Last edited:
On my first T5, the drive shaft spline stripped. It was under warranty, but VW reckoned the part would be 6 weeks as it was on back order. So i phoned around, and Vindis had one in stock! In my experience VW are worse than useless.

Cost and warranty are 2 reasons why not..

Fair enough but I thought I had read that it wasn’t a warranty issue,

I think I would be weighing up the cost against not having the van for such a period of time

Fair enough but I thought I had read that it wasn’t a warranty issue,

I think I would be weighing up the cost against not having the van for such a period of time
Sorry I wasn’t disparaging your answer, just thinking out loud..

Even though its a chargeable job, you would want them to warranty their work and maintain the warranty on the engine until the end of the warranty period. Personally I wouldn’t want to give them any excuse to refuse a future claim.

The other alternative is to contact the other parties insurance company and tell them how much all this is going to cost them and the sooner they buy you a new van and write yours off the less it will cost them.

Thats terrible at least my living doesn't reply on it.

I just don't understand how their can't be a statutory requirement to have X number of all parts in stock.

Sorry hadn't realised all the other replies - all makes sense but still frustrating.

Well pushing for the fuel company for a more like for like vehicle and then I'll try to relax about the whole thing. I just want to use a vehicle like I bought for all the things we'd planned.

In hindsight I should have assumed the worst and been 100% a pain in the arse as opposed to letting people do their job and assuming it wouldn't take long.

Catalogue of errors / delays and many could have been avoided had I stamped my feet.

Well I get it back Friday morning :) Sincerely hoping its clean and not looked it has sat in a yard for 3 months!

Cost the fuel garage over 10k in total with car hire and repairs!

Sort of!

Pleased to say it looked lovely and clean and I was a bit nervous if I’d still like driving it but 10 seconds down the road I realised why we bought it ;-)

A few bits of warranty work I then noticed hadn’t been carried out (annoying but not the end of the world) but the worst this was after maybe 4 stop start engine restarts it wouldn’t start. It was if the battery was dead!

When I originally bought the car after a day or so I realised the system wasn’t working so this was “fixed” whilst it was there. Incredibly frustrating.

Now asked if they can confirm what was the original error with the system. Battery is showing 12.4v when switched off. All restarts have been as if the battery is at full charge. At the moment driving with the system off but tested it a few times closer to home and it’s fired up perfectly each time.

Anyway lovely to have it back, shame about the niggles but we love it so much I’ll focus on the good bits and get the annoying bits sorted.

Oh and as mentioned elsewhere in this thread KEEP YOUR FUEL RECEIPTS!

Including car hire this has cost the garage at fault around 10k

Without that receipt I’m sure I’d have got nowhere even if I could even remember where I last filled up.

Back