Do you experience engine fault/ problem and with which engine and gear config?

Do you experience engine fault/ problem and with which engine and gear config?

• Total voters
What about. I have a 150 without dsg and have an engine problem..

Ooh, have we found the 1st forum reported euro 6 150 manual problem????? Tell us more.

Had a p0401 fault pop up a couple of times. More like a problem with the egr valve i think. Bus has done just over 10k and only seems to come on on after 90 min of driving.

What about. I have a 150 without dsg and have an engine problem..
I would put it under another engine gear combo. I was afraid to detail out too much. Lets smoke out the DSG / 150 statistics first.

So... 30% chance of engine fault light comming on for those bying 150 hp in combination with DSG.

I know the statistic quality is not good, but please vote. I reckon there are many more satisfied 150/DSG owners out there :)

So... 30% chance of engine fault light comming on for those bying 150 hp in combination with DSG.

I know the statistic quality is not good, but please vote. I reckon there are many more satisfied 150/DSG owners out there :)
There should be but how many people post on a forum and use the van, how many have problems is a statistic we do not have and I doubt VW will tell you the ratio of happy and unhappy people. Plus how may more are there over in Europe that have or don't have problems again something we will not know. You are scratching the surface even though you are doing a good job.

There should be but how many people post on a forum and use the van, how many have problems is a statistic we do not have and I doubt VW will tell you the ratio of happy and unhappy people. Plus how may more are there over in Europe that have or don't have problems again something we will not know. You are scratching the surface even though you are doing a good job.
Still good to see some figures to represent a wider cross section of this forum as we are seeing a lot of bad press re the 150DSG on here but the actual reported faults are coming from a just a few, albeit very badly handled by VW, and/or heresay. Personally, I am a worrier and have concerns that the problems are lurking and are going to bite me soon - checking for the orange light every time I drive which does spoil the driving experience a bit - it would be great to see some reassurance from other drivers reporting wether they have had the engine management problems or not.

I've got a 150 manual and had engine fault light cleared once by dealer, then came back on, when rang dealer about they said they would need it for a day which seems excessive to plug a laptop into it, light cleared itself twice and on second time used 3k miles of ad blu on a 25 mile journey, ringing dealer again tomorrow

Back