Do I need spacers....?

paulie73

VIP Member
Hello - quick advice needed. Looking at moving to 18" wheels with an 30 offset. I want to pair these with 255/45 tyres. Realise I may need spacers to be more aesthetically pleasing (which I intend to do on lowering the van which is a medium term aim) however, short term will I need spacers to prevent rubbing etc...my thought is I do as will be bringing in the offset plus wider tyres plus reduce offset vs standard 17 inch wheels.

Thanks in advance for any guidance on topic. Have trawled through several threads but can't find an answer.

Lower offset means the wheels will sit further out, so spacers will push them out even more.

Thanks for this. I was looking at a similar one to that last night and somehow got things the wrong way round so thought the wheels would be coming in.....I am blaming the beer I was drinking at the time, not my lack of basic maths/date entry skills for confusing myself.

The way I now understand it now is the wheel will be 12mm further out which will give space for the wider tyre etc.

Appreciate the support on what seems to be a frequent newbie topic.

Back