DIY bulkhead

GordyT6

Refrigeration Install Engineer
T6 Pro
Hi all, my Kombi didn't start as a Kombi. It's been converted from a panel van. So with it having reclining rear seats i need to build my own custom bulkhead as the VW one will bring the reclining seats too far forward. Has anyone built their own bulkhead. As many hints and tips as possible please.
Thanks peeps ☺

Mate that's legendary. I'll have a good look at these pics. Ta pal

Sorry to drag up an old post but have just stumbled upon this through google. Did you finish it in the end it's exactly what I want to do to mine.

Hi thanks for the reply and the welcome. I'll have a nosey round on here at some point. Right now I'm trawling the internet for ideas on a bulkhead, ideally the motexion one looks best but if I ever needed to use the van as a van it's a lot of hassle to remove everything.

Hi @Foz82 no I haven't looked anymore into it unfortunately as life and work etc has been ridiculously busy since this post. I'm still interested in doing something but when I get the time. Lol. Welcome tho pal. Some good peeps on here always happy to help and give advice

Thanks mate, I know the feeling. My T6 has been sat on my drive for two weeks and I haven't driven it as haven't had the time to swap all my stuff from one van to the other and wanted to get the storage sorted before I did so, I'm swapping into the T6 today so I'm gonna have to sort something quick now as don't fancy driving round with tools and no bulkhead.

I've made one for mine, it has a sliding bottom section to allow long stuff to be quickly stowed, and by removing a couple of screws the majority of it can be lifted out so I can still get 8 x 4 sheets or a motorcycle etc inside.
Will take some pics when I get chance.

Hi People

Yes I did finished my project some time ago. Warks perfect so far :).
I am extremely busy with my business recently, so haven't been able to follow you guys . But please ask questions directly and be sure I will always find time to answer all.
@Foz82 thanks for asking :)
@Pauly I see this place growing nicely Keep up the good work buddy!!!

Ok, this is my take on the diy bulkhead. A van of course, but would also work in a Kombi with a bit of adaptation.

Excuse the dog paw prints, at the coast just now so sand everywhere....

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Back