Delighted new owner of T6 Campervan . Would like advice on drive away awning please. Potentially to sleep 6’ 5” son.

Thomasina

Delighted new owner of T6 Campervan . Would like advice on drive away awning please. Potentially to sleep 6’ 5” son

Delighted new owner of T6 Campervan . Would like advice on drive away awning please. Potentially to sleep 6’ 5” son
Hi Thomasina, I'm about to raise a similar question so I'll let you know if I get useful responses. I've done a lot of research and Vango seem to be the "go to". I'm looking at the Cove Air and the Hexaway, but impartial reviews online can be hard to come by. If I find anything useful, I'll let you know.

Had a drive away awning, got rid. More hassle than it's worth IMHO (and that's all it is). If I needed the extra room I'd buy a pop up tent. I've sat on many a campsite watching folk return after a day out in the van only to spend half an hour trying to line up the van & awning in the peeing rain. The most practical solution I've seen is a standalone tent & a wind out awning. Park the van near the tent & wind out the awning to form a shelter from one to the other. No great level of accuracy involved and a more flexible solution all round. As I said, it's only my opinion born from experience.

You don’t mention how old the 6’5”er is but his life will involve doing a lot of things diagonally, stooped and generally not stretched out.
Worst case @Howzat solution will work.

I bought one of these recently:

It's not cheap, but then it's not super expensive either, and you get what you pay for. You need an additional drive away kit, for a few extra £

There are a couple of good videos showing how to put it up and take it down/pack it away. I really like it and have no hesitation in recommending it

Back