Dealers tricks/ tips

Carlwaynie

T6 Pro
Off to the dealers tomorrow to hopefully put an order in for a new T6.1, any tips for getting the most for my money( ie best deal/ service packages etc) from the dealer and what to expect the dealer to try on, when you place a new van order.

Yes...
Keep on asking for more.

Just keep asking.

Better deal?
Free extras?
What else can you do for me....?

Keep asking for more untill they are flat out and won't give you any more.

Then you know you have the best deal at that venue.

Yep all that.

Tank of fuel.

Key ring.

Vw cup.

Plus lining... (If a van like us)

Ask about new order delays and cost increases. They may give you 'dealer bull' to gloss over or sugar coat it (cynic in me coming out there apologies), but you want to know where you stand and try to protect against price increases mid order.

Also what about a deal on some of the new VW wheel options, if thats your thing?

Love the reply’s…5/6 months was the led time on the delivery date, price increase they said would be March next year…..would hope to have it before then

My tactics is to get the best out of them and walk away stating whatever it was you were after and they couldn't match.. 9/10 times they'll ring you with a few days, (hours in my experience).

Last edited by a moderator:
Often there is free servicing if you put some of the cost on VW Finance (even if you pay it off)

First service for free as they don’t tax vehicles now.

My tactics is to get the best out of them and walk away stating whatever it was you were after and they couldn't match.. 9/10 times they'll ring you with a few days, (hours in my experience).
When I next buy a van I will be giving you a call @True Romance

Not sure I could be that braveTR.. might say I need to think about it over-night.
Loz.Plan is PCP then start paying bits off it through-out the agreement to bring the payments down.
They have an extended warranty of 3 years at around £1100. which I might buy out-right once the van has arrived, putting that on the PCP would incur it working out dearer as I’d be paying for it over the term of the agreement ???

Update… you’ll be please to know that to get the deal done today the dealer has agreed to throw in front and rear mud flaps, tailgate protector, rubber floor mats ( front ) and a full tank of fuel ( 80lts ) as well as the 2 years service plan when financed through them … I know you pay for it really but over all I think I’ve done alright, so deposit paid and hopefully in 6-8 months It’ll be sitting on my driveway

Update… you’ll be please to know that to get the deal done today the dealer has agreed to throw in front and rear mud flaps, tailgate protector, rubber floor mats ( front ) and a full tank of fuel ( 80lts ) as well as the 2 years service plan when financed through them … I know you pay for it really but over all I think I’ve done alright, so deposit paid and hopefully in 6-8 months It’ll be sitting on my driveway
Don't go OEM mudflaps on the rear. They drill holes in the bumper :eek:

Back