Dartford crossing PCN...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
As per the thread title but this is the second time this year so far after knocking back the last one.
I contested the first PCN by pointing out that the car in their photo was a car and not a T6 camper, also that the registration suffix was AHK not AHX so from a free trawl of the web was a VW Golf Advance hybrid registered in Maidstone rather than a campervan in Northampton.
All good then and they rather grudgingly let me off this time, fast forward and the PCN that arrived today with this same Golf doing the same commute but two weeks later again in November last year and on my new threatening letter they've already raised the threat level to £35 + the £2.50 crossing charge so obviously they didn't recover their previous £2.50 from the Golf driver and thought I might pay for both events instead?
It's sloppy office work again but at this point can I claim for distress and a new set of staggered Judd wheels or should I settle for some free crossing vouchers? :geek:

The company I contract for run the IT infra on the Dartford tunnel payment systems and Emovis issue the PCN’s based on our data.

I visit the ‘nerve’ centre in Leeds and it never ceases to shock me how badly the whole tolling division is run, in the early days the project went live before they were even PCI compliant.

Sorry for the confusion, I’m sure you’ll understand how difficult it is to discriminate a Golf from a Transporter and a K from an X ;)

Cheers Shane I didn't want to sound like the boomer I am but in my minds eye I had this vision of a scam farm/office block populated with jaded commission only workers.

Honestly, I walk into the area where they take calls and there are agents sat on their phones, browsing social media on their pc’s, eating/drinking and general dicking about.

I also do some work for the same company, but for their client in Poole who is G**gle. The call centre here is classed as a clean room, NDA for anybody entering, no personal belongings, strictly no phones, no cameras or recording devices, no pens/paper, access control on every door in and out, cameras everywhere, very strict proxy for all web activity.

Highways don’t have any of these processes in place and don’t enforce any of the minor rules, it’s no wonder the data collected is wrong.

I wonder if the Golf driver gets all your tolling fines? Be worth trying ;)

Back