Damaged windscreen from wiper-blades

Hi. Anyone encountered this issue . Windscreen has been scratched by the the wiper blade brackets on my t6.1 ? The bracket either end and in the middle was touching windscreen and making a slight rash. Went and bought new wipers and is the same with new ? As the wiper changes direction the brackets touch the screen !
Anyone else ?

It sounds like the wiper arms are bent. I wonder if someone has tried to pull them off the screen to change the blade without putting them into the service position. They may have forced them against the top edge of the bonnet. Check that for damage too.

Yea thought maybe it had been bent but both ? That is the middle underneath the joining bracket . Thought that maybe the old wipers were worn out but new are same .

6EDFA96F-22E0-4B71-83C2-7578FF4A9290.jpeg

Looks like the wiper arm is twisted. One side of the mounting bracket is much closer (touching) than the other. I’d give it a twist with an open-ended spanner that’s a snug fit.

Looks like the wiper arm is twisted. One side of the mounting bracket is much closer (touching) than the other. I’d give it a twist with an open-ended spanner that’s a snug fit.

Yea I will try that . Thing is both are doing it ? Passenger side is the worst .
Thanks all for coming back

WHS ^^^^ I had a T3 that I had to do that to so that the arms were square to the screen.

Yea I will try that . Thing is both are doing it ? Passenger side is the worst .
Thanks all for coming back
Strange that they are both doing it.
I had to do it recently on my Audi as the centre of the wiper blade wasn’t contacting the screen. A small twist sorted it. No idea why it happened. I’ve had the car 14 years.

When you get the blades fixed you can use jewellers rouge or a cerium oxide glass polishing powder to polish out the marks. There are several YouTube videos that show how to do this.

Back