Daft question from a prospective buyer

Oilit

Hi, i am contemplating getting a kombi, but ideally would like to remove the rear single seat, and keep the double in place, thus allowing me to slide 8x4 sheets in. The question is can you get a bulkhead that only covers the rear of the double seat? I have searched the internet and can’t find anything but thought I would ask on here !
thanks

Reactions: AKG
Don't think you'll find anything ready made, it'd have to be a custom job. I'm sure someone on here has done something like this though.

Hi, i am contemplating getting a kombi, but ideally would like to remove the rear single seat, and keep the double in place, thus allowing me to slide 8x4 sheets in. The question is can you get a bulkhead that only covers the rear of the double seat? I have searched the internet and can’t find anything but thought I would ask on here !
thanks
If I ever get my new van that's also exactly what I want to do so interested if anyone has a solution.

This is what I've got in mine, I've made it so that with the flap open there's enough width to fit an 8x4 sheet through.

Post in thread 'Kombi as a 'trades van'' Kombi as a 'trades van'

Watched this video the other day. At 07:08 he talks about a (bespoke) hatch in the bulkhead...

This may not be exactly what you're after, but he does emphasis the bespoke nature of their work.

Thanks guys, Gavinda you’ve made me think a different way - I was thinking sheets standing vertical with pass side rear seat removed - thanks again!

Watched this video the other day. At 07:08 he talks about a (bespoke) hatch in the bulkhead...

This may not be exactly what you're after, but he does emphasis the bespoke nature of their work.
That's handy, they're building my van!!

They are building my van (when it eventually arrives). I ordered through Vanhaven in July 21
Ahh, I get ya - sorry, was slow on the uptake there. :rolleyes:

When you expecting delivery?

Ahh, I get ya - sorry, was slow on the uptake there. :rolleyes:

When you expecting delivery?
March 22 then April then July then August then definitely beginning of September and it's still not here. When it does finally arrive in the UK, Vanhaven still need circa 4 - 6 weeks to build it to my spec.
Complete joke!!

That hatched bulkhead looks a good idea though.

March 22 then April then July then August then definitely beginning of September and it's still not here. When it does finally arrive in the UK, Vanhaven still need circa 4 - 6 weeks to build it to my spec.
Complete joke!!

That hatched bulkhead looks a good idea though.
Yeah, factory orders are a nightmare currently.

I ordered May last year and have a provisional build of week 50. If they stick to that date (unlikely), it'll probably land at the dealers in Feb and then directly on to the convertor for a 4-6 week build.

If all goes smoothly from here, I should see my converted camper in April - 23 months are ordering. :(

Reactions: AKG
Back