CXFA Engine needed after bending conrod

gonze

Hi
My 2016 Caravelle has bent a conrod and I am now looking to buy a replacement engine but not having much luck locating one in England. My engine code is CXFA can anyone recommend a company to try?

Last edited:
Hi
My 2016 Caravelle has bent a conrod and I am now looking to buy a replacement engine but not having much luck locating one in England. My engine code is CXFA can anyone recommend a company to try?
Have you looked at the repair cost?
There are a couple of Forum members who have / are currently repairing damaged engines.
Search with ‘bent con rod’.

@gonze

and

Thank you for the response, I am now considering rebuilding my engine as had no luck locating a replacement. My money is on the EGR valve failing causing the bend con rod. I am now looking for a way to check the EGR when removed.

Thank you for the response, I am now considering rebuilding my engine as had no luck locating a replacement. My money is on the EGR valve failing causing the bend con rod. I am now looking for a way to check the EGR when removed.
With the cooler removed fill the water circuit removing all air and pressure test with mains water pressure regulated to around 1 bar, if it is leaking the water will be apparent on the exhaust side. If you have too much pressure the valve spindle seal will leak into the electrical side.
It maybe that the EGR cooler is only leaking when hot but it sounds like you have had a significant leak so it should show.

You could rig up a pressure drop test but you would need to maintain a constant temperature, ensure every last air bubble is removed and use rigid fittings that won’t expand and contact as a hose would. Not really worth the effort.

Opting for a rebuild as had no luck locating a replacement engine. But I am struggling to locate oversized .5 pistons. VW and TPS are on back order until February.

Does anyone have any recommendations of suppliers to try?

Opting for a rebuild as had no luck locating a replacement engine. But I am struggling to locate oversized .5 pistons. VW and TPS are on back order until February.

Does anyone have any recommendations of suppliers to try?
Here’s just one of the Google Search results;

Thank you. That is the company I came on across on Google and eBay. Just nervous of ordering critical engine parts from Germany invade I need to return due to incorrect parts etc

Back