CXEB Compression test tool

Andnik

Bamboo Green Cruising Machine
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All, Before I decide to renew the EGR on my van I want to do a compression test, does anybody know where to get an adaptor for the glow plug that 100% is sure to fit the CXEB engine?

If the Engine is knackered (on a compression test) I will go down a replacement engine route.

Reason I am asking is there seems to be a multitude of options and my understanding is the CXEB needs a special "extended" adaptor.

If its anything like the CFCA its very long! I bought the more expensive Sealey gauge and adaptor, it was silly short. I made a tool to release the gauge from the adapter but long story it was still no good. Finally I found a much longer tool in Germany and got a friend to ship it over. Problem with this adaptor was no shoulder to screw down to, and I was scared it would drop in the combustion chamber or damage something, plus it was still too short.

I did manage to get compression results out of my engine and they were all good, but since learned you need to disconnect the injectors to stop getting a false reading.

I have since given up and ordered a new engine, somewhere its buggered as its drinking oil, and who knows where. TBH its done 140k miles so either way by the time you start taking things apart a new VW crate engine seems the most logical

Sealey cfca m10x1.0 against German lazer glow plug adp, which is still too short
IMG_4603.jpeg

IMG_4607.jpeg

IMG_4642.jpeg

If its anything like the CFCA its very long! I bought the more expensive Sealey gauge and adaptor, it was silly short. I made a tool to release the gauge from the adapter but long story it was still no good. Finally I found a much longer tool in Germany and got a friend to ship it over. Problem with this adaptor was no shoulder to screw down to, and I was scared it would drop in the combustion chamber or damage something, plus it was still too short.

I did manage to get compression results out of my engine and they were all good, but since learned you need to disconnect the injectors to stop getting a false reading.

I have since given up and ordered a new engine, somewhere it’s buggered as its drinking oil, and who knows where. TBH its done 140k miles so either way by the time you start taking things apart a new VW crate engine seems the most logical
I’ve just clicked over 90k had it from 30k with no issues aside from an EGR split pipe. Now I’ve got an adblue issue, possible egr cooler or charge cooler (not got as far as to check them yet) so wanted to rule out the head / block before I spend money… it’ll be costly whichever it turns out to be. Thanks for the reply

Back