Custom / homemade window surrounds?

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all.

Has anyone made there own window surrounds.. I can't afford van shads.. but would like to have some windows surrounds as I think they make the curtains look better.

How would I go about measuring and getting some cut?

Screenshot_20231021-094725.png

I made my own with blackout blinds fitted to them.
Got ply panels, cut out the hole in the centre large enough so as not to make the van frame visible then fitted ‘perfect fit’ blackout blinds to the rear of the panels, carpeted the panels and fitted them with hidden trim clips.
Blinds cost £50 each. Been fine for 3 years now.

I made my own with blackout blinds fitted to them.
Got ply panels, cut out the hole in the centre large enough so as not to make the van frame visible then fitted ‘perfect fit’ blackout blinds to the rear of the panels, carpeted the panels and fitted them with hidden trim clips.
Blinds cost £50 each. Been fine for 3 years now.
This is what I want to do as I have some 5.5/6 mm ply from the original van, plus I have a full kit of curtains.

My only issue is I have zero DIY skills..

Was hoping someone had a template measurements I could use

I used the original crappy hardboard interior panels as a template for the external size/shape.
Can’t remember how I did the internal shape.
I think I worked out the maximum blind size that would fit in the van frame aperture and then did some jiggery pokery once the blinds arrived and cut the window hole to the size of the blind frame.
I did initially just buy 1 blind as a test to see if my plan worked. It was pretty easy so I bought the other three and did the lot.
I’ll try to dig some pics up off my hard drive later.

Back