CTEK D250SE vs Roamer Lithium

Zave

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I have the above and am getting a fault I'd like some help with please. These are the symptoms:

The van is running with engine started and house battery charging as normal via the alternator via the CTEK.

I then stop the engine and pull out the key.

When the courtesy light goes off so do momentarily all of the accessories running off the house battery.

It's as if the house battery was off whilst the engine was running and the accessories were working off the alternator charge. When the alternator charge stops, there is a lag until the house battery kicks back in.

This also happens during stop/start.

I've checked the wiring and everything seems as it should be.

When I remove the CTEK from the circuit, everything works fine.

Got some pics of install?.

Post pics of battery and ctek connections.

Some screenshots of the roamer app as well .

Hi Zave, Is the momentary drop out of accessories approximately 1.5 seconds in duration, straight after the DC-DC charger switches off? Does it do the same with a 230v mains charger connected when you switch the mains charger off?
If it does, contact Roamer and explain the situation. They are aware of the issue.
Kind regards,

Hi Zave, Is the momentary drop out of accessories approximately 1.5 seconds in duration, straight after the DC-DC charger switches off? Does it do the same with a 230v mains charger connected when you switch the mains charger off?
If it does, contact Roamer and explain the situation. They are aware of the issue.
Kind regards,
Thank you. Yes, what you say is what happens. Except, I've not used tried with 230 mains yet. I shall speak to roamer.

Looks like you're Victron needs needs a fw update.

Also looks like you're using a relay in the OEM split charge relay port?.

If your switching the engine power on/off to the ctek, that might explain things?

That relay should only be used as a bcm engine run signal?

Screenshot_20230213_073318_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230213_073344_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230213_073412_Chrome.jpg

Got a better pic of the roamer terminals

It's not a relay, it's a proprietary connector and cable produced by Travelvolts specifically for the CTEK.

The Roamer terminals literally have just one cable each to the positive and negative terminals which then go to bus bars.

Yes, need to update the Victron app

Has the Roamer battery got a good 0v chassis ground connection?

Kind regards,
@RoamerBatteries / @Dellmassive

re this 100S 100Ah battery - is there any more info from your side?

@campkingnewbie seems to think this may relate to the battery BMS?

I've connected the under seat factory ground to the negative bus bar. I'll try a direct connection to the battery negative when I get time later in the week.
So I now have a direct under seat factory earth to the negative terminal on the Roamer. It makes no difference.

Back