Ctek D250sa Help

Daviesmd

i have just connected up the ctek today - when I connect the negative to the leisure battery all the lights come in for a second then they all turn off - the leisure battery is at 12.3v

Any ideas?

Whats the question ?
Is it working when you start the engine, have you connected the ignition live cable to stop/start the charger ?

Whats the question ?
Is it working when you start the engine, have you connected the ignition live cable to stop/start the charger ?
Ha sorry I was wondering if this is normal operational running - I used an existing live feed but I think the cable is defective leading to the starter battery

4AFA45F4-4E86-4400-B02F-2D95142D6AEA.jpeg

Have you connected the three 12v terminal positive/switched positive/negative

Not sure if any lights flash when you apply power but mine does nothing until the switched pos is applied

Yes added those - do I need to connect the starter negative to the leisure negative directly or can I connect it to ground? I am awaiting a new cable from starter now to see if that fixes it

My negatives are linked viae earth post on floor
If you have battery positive connected you can always dab the switched live wire on the permanent live terminal to simulate the vehicle running and this should kick the charger in but there is a few second delay before the lights come on

My negatives are linked viae earth post on floor
If you have battery positive connected you can always dab the switched live wire on the permanent live terminal to simulate the vehicle running and this should kick the charger in but there is a few second delay before the lights come on

I had it wired correctly - the leisure battery was earthed to the chassis - so as soon as I get some decent cables tomorrow I will fingers crossed be able to get it working

Ok update: it was the live feed from the starter battery that was the issue - somewhere along the way the cable must have been damaged - this shows as the ctek d250sa flashes once then goes off.

Working fine now

D0DDF32E-EC7E-4EFE-9D7F-89E3047EE60C.jpeg

Back