Covid-19: How is it affecting you?

@tommo, where abouts are you mate? Hope all is as well as can be and you and your family and friends are bearing up against the strain. It's difficult.

i'm from Verona mate, thanks for the kind thought.
I really hope that the situation does not degenerate like here, i don't think hospitals would be able to cope with similar numbers.

I wish you and your whole family to spend this bad time unscathed.

cheers!

i'm from Verona mate, thanks for the kind thought.
I really hope that the situation does not degenerate like here, i don't think hospitals would be able to cope with similar numbers.

I wish you and your whole family to spend this bad time unscathed.

cheers!

Thanks, the community we live in is taking it all very serious as is my employer. And, as I said, from what I've seen on my few trips out, the local population seem to be doing so too.

Salute!

I was looking through the holiday destinations we still have booked this year in my Motorhome, and one of them is just across the lake from you at this place https://www.fornellacamping.com/lakegarda/about-us.html I'm really hoping by August that we will be able to travel, but who knows.
To be honest I don’t think there will be much travel for holidays until /if a vaccine has been sorted. Or we have this herd immunity.

To be honest I don’t think there will be much travel for holidays until /if a vaccine has been sorted. Or we have this herd immunity.
It was suggested that it would be around September before a vaccine could be found, just in time for the schools to go back.

Basing on the fact that what we thought would never happen, probably already has. i'm taking nothing for granted until it happens. These were holidays we booked last year and paid the deposits. They can be moved if needed, but one can live in hope I guess.

I was looking through the holiday destinations we still have booked this year in my Motorhome, and one of them is just across the lake from you at this place https://www.fornellacamping.com/lakegarda/about-us.html I'm really hoping by August that we will be able to travel, but who knows.

all accommodations are closed, the order is to keep everything closed until May 4th, the borders will remain closed for several months, I think the tourism that will be seen for this year will be only internal tourism.
After May 4th, our government talks about staggered openings, a distance of 2 meters between people at work, masks and gloves to always leave the house, no gatherings. I think it will be very difficult to make holidays in these conditions. They are thinking of creating plexiglass cells around the beach umbrellas. Absurd, it will be like being inside a crematorium

I think that the government should allow orders for people without gardens to be allowed to go to a park for two hours for sunbathing 3 times a week and use the paper approach that france is using. while keeping ten metres away from anyone who isnt in their household and (annoyingly) keep some police at the gate entrance to make sure there arnt too many people entering (i guess there probably isnt enough man power for this) - maybe it would help the pigeon coup feeling.
feel so sorry for the people of the world who dont have a lawn to stretch their own on
Here ye here ye, party poop vibe coming up :L
Im starting to feel like it. cooped up. but then I've not been to any amenities for six months due to prepping myself to go away next month for a month after not being on holiday for 4 years.
So while i understand, i am extremely frustrated because i have already essentially self isolated for 6 months prior to the pandemic
At Least i live somewhere with a south facing garden, a driveway and a '''' ton of tools at my disposal - not that it helps because all the parts places are shut and osme things i just cant get from euros or the local parts shoop - has to be from the stealers.
The problem with just letting restrictions off at one thing without having migrated return is everyone will just go and do that one thing and then it becomes overrun - it will need some sort of management like the paper waver like what i mentioned for the park thing a second ago and it will have to be a forced stagger to begin with - postcode lottery it i guess. bit of a unfair way but its the easiest to manage- yes social distancing will still be in force but you will need a management cheme to stop scenes like what happened up in the lake district for instance.

At the risk of sounding a d*ck, it’s ‘affecting” not “effecting”. Sorry but it’s fingernails down a blackboard every time I see it :speechless:
I heard the notfication email and flicked to the page and realised the same thing and was going to make a sorry for being a grammar 'german ww2 poo head'

its effecting me in a phased sort of way where my life is turning into a trapezoid flicker of lines

At the risk of sounding a d*ck, it’s ‘affecting” not “effecting”. Sorry but it’s fingernails down a blackboard every time I see it :speechless:
Ooo. Harsh.

I saw a post on here the other day where a member referred to a loch......as a lock!:confused:

I put my phone down and went for walk. And when I arrived at my garden fence, 10 yards later, a voice screamed in my head.....Leave it...........LEAVE IT! Discipline Donkey.:whistle:

I think that the government should allow orders for people without gardens to be allowed to go to a park for two hours for sunbathing 3 times a week and use the paper approach that france is using. while keeping ten metres away from anyone who isnt in their household and (annoyingly) keep some police at the gate entrance to make sure there arnt too many people entering (i guess there probably isnt enough man power for this) - maybe it would help the pigeon coup feeling.

I live a stones throw away from a 'country park'. They had to close the car parks attached to it because of so many people there. Yesterday there were cones up blocking the road and a Police car as well. However on the other side of the cones the side streets were packed with cars, I saw people parking and getting out of cars with to go to the park. The Police were just strolling around not doing anything. :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

I live a stones throw away from a 'country park'. They had to close the car parks attached to it because of so many people there. Yesterday there were cones up blocking the road and a Police car as well. However on the other side of the cones the side streets were packed with cars, I saw people parking and getting out of cars with to go to the park. The Police were just strolling around not doing anything. :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

I have a couple of mates who are Police, including my wife's best friend and her husband who's an inspector. I think the general gist is they are damed if they do, damed if they don't, from listening to their conversations. They got given brand new powers to enforce, with very sketchy guidelines that are often open to interpretation and literally having the goal posts moved on a daily basis by politicians. They use these powers to carry out the duties they've been asked to enforce, then get accused of being heavy handed, or some lowlife films them and edits the circumstance to suit themselves, making the bobbly look like they are being overzealous, and then splash it all over social media. Meaning that officer that was just doing their job has to be made to apologise to the offender.
I suspect that most seasoned coppers will now do the bare minimum to show willing, but anything outside that will just get ignored now. Hence a very obvious visual presence as you saw, but those members of the public that bent the rules to suit themselves... Well, if I was a bobby, i'd just let them crack on now.
I don't see those bending the rules or those deliberately breaking them, any worse or any better than the highly respected members of my own street that are out every single day, going about their daily life without a worry in the world. They are all the same and i'm over giving a crap about these people now. They are the ones they will have to live with any consequences of a person close to them, that they came into contact with, that gets infected and god forbid should die from this virus.

I have a couple of mates who are Police, including my wife's best friend and her husband who's an inspector. I think the general gist is they are damed if they do, damed if they don't, from listening to their conversations. They got given brand new powers to enforce, with very sketchy guidelines that are often open to interpretation and literally having the goal posts moved on a daily basis by politicians. They use these powers to carry out the duties they've been asked to enforce, then get accused of being heavy handed, or some lowlife films them and edits the circumstance to suit themselves, making the bobbly look like they are being overzealous, and then splash it all over social media. Meaning that officer that was just doing their job has to be made to apologise to the offender.
I suspect that most seasoned coppers will now do the bare minimum to show willing, but anything outside that will just get ignored now. Hence a very obvious visual presence as you saw, but those members of the public that bent the rules to suit themselves... Well, if I was a bobby, i'd just let them crack on now.
I don't see those bending the rules or those deliberately breaking them, any worse or any better than the highly respected members of my own street that are out every single day, going about their daily life without a worry in the world. They are all the same and i'm over giving a crap about these people now. They are the ones they will have to live with any consequences of a person close to them, that they came into contact with, that gets infected and god forbid should die from this virus.

The problem with being a 'Bobbly', is you're equally hated for doing your job, as you are for not.

Back