Could Maf sensor Need cleaning or replacement

kirkm5238

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys have a t6 euro5 0n a 16 plate it’s got got 33k on it now when I start my van in winter starts first time straight away runs lovely no problem but in the warmer months if the out side temp is around 15 when I start from cold i Get a slight shake if I give it a little bit of throttle it goes away sometimes it doesn’t do it for weeks I’ve had it do it twice like were it feels like a slight miss fire no codes on logged could Maf sensor be out of range or dirty would it always bring up a code if faulty thanks

I can't directly answer your question but on a previous Euro 5 Landrover I used this MAF sensor cleaner and it definitely ran better afterwards.
You've got little to lose except £10.99.

I can't directly answer your question but on a previous Euro 5 Landrover I used this MAF sensor cleaner and it definitely ran better afterwards.
You've got little to lose except £10.99.
Thanks mate will give it ago I’ve also orders some fuel adaptive from TPs see if that dose anything what problem was you getting with your euro 5

Thanks mate will give it ago I’ve also orders some fuel adaptive from TPs see if that dose anything what problem was you getting with your euro 5

It was just generally rough running, particularly when cold. On advice from an experienced diesel mechanic I cleaned the MAF sensor, it ran much smoother. I actually replaced the MAF sensor after a while and got an even bigger improvement, both in smoother running and fuel economy. No fault codes were ever registered.

It was just generally rough running, particularly when cold. On advice from an experienced diesel mechanic I cleaned the MAF sensor, it ran much smoother. I actually replaced the MAF sensor after a while and got an even bigger improvement, both in smoother running and fuel economy. No fault codes were ever registered.
Thanks mate say it runs faultless just the first few minutes in warm weather can be slightly juddery have you still got yours

I sold the car after it reached 200K miles, I still clean the MAF sensor n my van once a year.

Back