Cost Of Full Wrapping Of A T6

Boomshanker

Hello All, we are thinking of doing a full wrap on our T6. Just wondering if anybody knows a rough price for a basic matt looking colour, red or sky blue possibly? Thanks in advance.

I got this back from Chameleon Cars in Doncaster:

"For us to wrap the entire VW including the roof you are looking at £3,400 ex vat excluding door shuts. Sounds amazing, it will look stunning. You just need to decide on the finish satin, matte or gloss. If you like to go ahead, we need a 50% deposit paid to book a slot with us. We would need your VW for 7 days. I will send over an official quote if you choose to go ahead with us. We only use the best material for the best finish."

Colourwise if you look on 3M's website they have some charts.

"For us to wrap the entire VW including the roof you are looking at £3,400 ex vat excluding door shuts. Sounds amazing, it will look stunning. You just need to decide on the finish satin, matte or gloss. If you like to go ahead, we need a 50% deposit paid to book a slot with us. We would need your VW for 7 days. I will send over an official quote if you choose to go ahead with us. We only use the best material for the best finish."

Thanks for that. Will make some enquiries. Thanks

That’s a lot more than I thought wrapping would cost. In my mind you could get a full respray for that sort of money!

But then I do still think you can get 2 pints and a game of pool for a fiver!

Let me help you narrow down that choice. AVOID MATTE:mad: It is hell to maintain, marks really easily, you cannot wash it with most products, you cannot get most products near it, you cannot even look at it without it staining.

I've just gone through a Matte phase with decals and now wheels, it's a total nightmare and all my digging around the internet looking for solutions only confirms this. To wrap a whole vehicle in one would be madness. We spoke to a chap yesterday who has just purchased a factory Matte Grey Fiat 500 and he loathed it after only a few weeks ownership. He is trying to hand it back to Fiat saying it's not fit for purpose, and no matter what products they advised, it looked terrible.
Matte looks awesome when new, but doesn't seem to last in decal or paint form.

That’s a lot more than I thought wrapping would cost. In my mind you could get a full respray for that sort of money!

But then I do still think you can get 2 pints and a game of pool for a fiver!

I totally agree, it was double what I was expecting and half a job without the door shuts done. I got a quote off a guy local to me in Italy. €1900. He did a good job of my windows so I'm still debating with myself.

Let me help you narrow down that choice. AVOID MATTE:mad: It is hell to maintain, marks really easily, you cannot wash it with most products, you cannot get most products near it, you cannot even look at it without it staining.

I've just gone through a Matte phase with decals and now wheels, it's a total nightmare and all my digging around the internet looking for solutions only confirms this. To wrap a whole vehicle in one would be madness. We spoke to a chap yesterday who has just purchased a factory Matte Grey Fiat 500 and he loathed it after only a few weeks ownership. He is trying to hand it back to Fiat saying it's not fit for purpose, and no matter what products they advised, it looked terrible.
Matte looks awesome when new, but doesn't seem to last in decal or paint form.
That's good to know thanks @Tourershine. It will be gloss black or very dark blue but not matt. I'm going for making the velle look like a panel van!

Last edited:
My van is going in to be fully wrapped soon, in my company livery. Cost is £1,800+vat.

I got a quote from Chameleon in Milton Keynes, they wanted £3,100+vat. Worth shopping around a bit more, have used Chameleon in the passed and they was good, but expensive!

And yes as mentioned above, Matte wrap is a nightmare to maintain. I used to own a detailing company for 14 years and had lots of customers that regretted having a Matte wrap!

Hello all, does anyone have any experience of having a complete vinyl wrap on their van. Ref cost, pro's/con's and if possible any recommendations for where to go for some quotes in the Nottingham area.
Thanks guys.

Hello all, does anyone have any experience of having a complete vinyl wrap on their van. Ref cost, pro's/con's and if possible any recommendations for where to go for some quotes in the Nottingham area.
Thanks guys.
I followed up with some enquiries into this and the general cost from several quotes given was in the region of £4k..I have binned the idea.

Hi there, this is part of my job I run my own company doing vehicle graphics, wraps commercials and colour change. That does seem a touch expensive but saying that it also depends on what colour/finish etc as they vary quite a bit also brands would be something to consider as the same applies here to.

These guys do some work for us and are excellent

These guys do some work for us and are excellent

That's where I went to start with but they said that they no longer to complete wraps.

I was thinking the same as I have seen some great wrap ideas but when I looked into it, it was far too expensive so much so I am thinking of having ago myself and take my time. If I do I will post pictures of the results if its successful:eek:

At the end of the day if my brother can learn to plaster and also snowboard (not at the same time) from YouTube with impressive results how hard can it be to wrap a van

I’m all for giving stuff ago, but unlike plastering (£8ish a bag) mistakes would get costly with the vinyl being being from £25 - £40 a meter. I would pop to a local wrap or sign shop and see if they would give/sell you some off cuts to have a practice with rather than diving head first in. If you do go ahead I would consider getting the name brands (Avery,3M,Arlon, Oracal) as they are easier to work with and will stand the test of time, no name brands are likely not to be cast material and not perform as they should and can also damage the paint/clear coat. I ve seen the results and it’s not pretty. I won’t take the ‘how hard can it be to wrap a van’ personally but it’s harder than it looks and definitely post heat all recesses! Happy wrapping

I’m all for giving stuff ago, but unlike plastering (£8ish a bag) mistakes would get costly with the vinyl being being from £25 - £40 a meter. I would pop to a local wrap or sign shop and see if they would give/sell you some off cuts to have a practice with rather than diving head first in. If you do go ahead I would consider getting the name brands (Avery,3M,Arlon, Oracal) as they are easier to work with and will stand the test of time, no name brands are likely not to be cast material and not perform as they should and can also damage the paint/clear coat. I ve seen the results and it’s not pretty. I won’t take the ‘how hard can it be to wrap a van’ personally but it’s harder than it looks and definitely post heat all recesses! Happy wrapping
Thanks for the advice I am definitely not jumping into it lightly a bad job and it will make the van look like a pile of crap I have been getting some decent size samples and agree the quality and how they can be applied differs massively even applying to flat panels

I’m assuming from a commercial point of view it needs to cost less than a full re-spray but not much less to attract business.

Back