Cooling mattress topper

Wooster

Hi, we have just taken the plunge and bought our first campervan :). I want to get a mattress topper for the rock and roll bed, but I can’t sleep on memory foam as I get too hot (at home I have had normal memory foam and special ’cooling’ memory foam mattresses but still get too hot), has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations for a suitable alternative?

We use this:

We have 2 x 58cm versions, with their own fitted sheet, on a 112 Rib Bed which fit OK. Plus they are easier to pack and give you the flexibility to put one in the Pop top. A wool duvet, from The Woolroom, is also recommended. Used in all seasons in UK and proven to us to be worth every penny...

We’ve had it for a year now and love it. Would definitely buy again.
I’m hopefully picking up my first van tomorrow evening and have been looking at this as a possible topper for our rock n roll bed. They have some different sizes for Campervans on their website. But I can’t find many reviews from van users.

Do you still recommend it? How did it hold up with the recent heat wave?
And do you find it rolls/folds up well?

Sorry about all the questions!

We love it. Comfort wise 4/5 And cosy to sleep on. Cool in summer, warm in winter And very breathable. We are camping right now and I’ve just made the bed and rolls up so easy With the rest of the bedding

71836721-7E8B-46A2-93A6-FB4C2557BA85.jpeg

39742DA5-9794-4EAB-849C-2574580BBC1C.jpeg

We love it. Comfort wise 4/5 And cosy to sleep on. Cool in summer, warm in winter And very breathable. We are camping right now and I’ve just made the bed and rolls up so easy With the rest of the bedding

View attachment 125229

View attachment 125230
Thanks for the reply - and the pictures. It’s great to see one in an actual van! Think I have been swayed to get one of these! I’m not too keen on the the memory foam options.

Just need to pic a size as our bed doesn’t quite match the options on their website. But your one seems to tuck down the sides easy enough!

Yes, we’ve got a 118 wide bed…. the mattress topper is slightly oversized but like you said it tucks down really easy. Not a problem at all

Just got a Silent Night Airmax 600 topper and mad a vast improvement over the std mattress on our Vanking bed. Did look at Duvalay but needed a king size.

Back