Coolant temperature sensor

rforsyth

Hi all,
I've had my T6 for just over a week now. Its a 2017 150 dsg with approx 40000 miles on it and today when leaving work the coolant temperature sensor has started flashing and the gauge was not moving up. I stopped the van and turned it on and off and it disappeared.
Has anyone had this issue before? Its the first time this has happened.
I do have warranty but before I go losing it for a day or two, if anyones got any idea what it might be it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

have you lost any coolant?

or is the level dropping - then coming back when cool?

@Dellmassive so I checked it yesterday morning and it was well under the minimum which for a week owning coming from a main dealer tells me there's a problem. So off I popped to the dealership. There customer service has been perfect so far, there replacing the EGR valve so clearly there was an issue which from what I've seen theres been a few with this problem. Fingers crossed that sorts it.

So I thought id update this a month on. I had the windows put in and they noted the coolant had gone below the minimum again and there was a rattle from the gearbox area when the van is turned off. So i returned this. Now after them examining this and thinking it was the cylinder head,they have gone to replace this and found it was an issue with the engine. Now I've owned this van for a month and a half and only seen it for approx at most two weeks which to say is frustrating is the least especially from a main dealer.
Has anyone else had anything similar issue wise with theirs?

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back