Coolant leak

Chris82

Hi all
I recently brought a 66 plate T6 DSG, but have had to return it to the place I brought it from as it has a coolant leak. First of all they Told me they did a pressure test and it didn’t show up a leak so I explained to them that leading up to this, the coolant symbol started flashing and when I checked the level it was well below the min and I’ve also got a couple of patches on my driveway. They’ve since diagnosed it as a faulty water pump which has been replaced but this still hasn’t sorted the problem, they are now saying it could be a problem with the intercooler.
Would a faulty intercooler cause a coolant leak?
any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.
TIA
Chris

Hi all
I recently brought a 66 plate T6 DSG, but have had to return it to the place I brought it from as it has a coolant leak. First of all they Told me they did a pressure test and it didn’t show up a leak so I explained to them that leading up to this, the coolant symbol started flashing and when I checked the level it was well below the min and I’ve also got a couple of patches on my driveway. They’ve since diagnosed it as a faulty water pump which has been replaced but this still hasn’t sorted the problem, they are now saying it could be a problem with the intercooler.
Would a faulty intercooler cause a coolant leak?
any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.
TIA
Chris
Hi I’m not an expert....but do you have proof they changed the water pump...seems odd they change one thing and blame another

Yes a charge cooler could cause a coolant leak, it did on mine earlier this year.

There are 3 coolers(depending on engine) and 2 radiators to check.

Thanks for the replies people, I wouldn’t normally question the professionals but they have gone from telling me they can’t find a leak to it’s the water pump and now the intercooler so they haven’t filled me with much confidence lol.

@Chris82 Did you get this resolved? if you did, please can you update this poll?

Back