Conversion companies - West

Rustic12

T6 Pro
Hi all, any recommendations for a good conversion company in the Bristol / Bath area and surounding area (50 miles) Got a budget of about 22k on a lwb conversion. Many thanks

I used Apple County Customs. Seem like a good bunch. Very helpful, give them a ring. In Keynsham so between Bath and Bristol

I've just bought a T6 from the Bristol Camper Company. Pick it up when I get back from offshore. I've had a really good service from them.

Hi all,

Getting my 2019 T6 panel van this week and looking for recommendations for converters in Bristol area.

I'm really just after a day van conversion to include.
- insulation
- captain seats
- 3 rear seats (ideally on caravelle rails)
- easy bed setup (still figuring that out)
- leisure battery
- possibly heater
- possibly solar panel

Many thanks

Damian

I can't help on the recommendation but,
If you get a caravelle rear bench, that will fold flat and in conjunction with a 'multiflex board' and a mattress topper... you have a double bed!
That's the setup I have.

I’ve ordered a new conversion via Autohaus Factory in Minehead. Not too far away from Bristol. So far I’ve been very impressed with their advice and help in finalising our specification. In terms of finished product quality, a friend has one so I know it’s excellent.

Would recommend you add them to your shortlist and get in touch to organise a visit, well worth doing.

I’ve ordered a new conversion via Autohaus Factory in Minehead. Not too far away from Bristol. So far I’ve been very impressed with their advice and help in finalising our specification. In terms of finished product quality, a friend has one so I know it’s excellent.

Would recommend you add them to your shortlist and get in touch to organise a visit, well worth doing.
Thanks. I regularly head that way. Exmoor is one of my favourite places.

Another vote for Apple County Customs here. We're really pleased with what theyve done for us. We'd go back again if we make any changes/do more (once the bank balance has recovered!!)

I’ve had a Verso for a few years now.
I agree with @Ozi, you may need to travel to get what you want.
A good converter will be busy, they may not want to do what you want as they have their tried and tested conversions.
I agree with @Ozi too. The large converters will not be flexible enough to make any custom mods. After much research all across the uk I chose Rolling Homes in Shrewsbury, 170 miles from me, as they were the only people willing to sit down and listen to my particular specs. The no no for all the big names was my shower requirement…inside a pop top. “Yes we can do you a shower” but only in a high top or their shower was a spray on the back for washing mud and salt off. After my heads together session with Mark from Rolling Homes we designed a system with a shower tray built from Corian matching the worktop. A frame and curtain that fits across the gap between the end of the pop top bed and the rear of the van when the roof is raised. That all packs away back in the shower tray under the removable floor section and it’s all connected to the grey water belly tank. Meaning I can wild camp and shower throughout the year. They even managed to fit all that into a SWB which was a parking bonus for me, living in London and using the van as my general runabout.

I’ve had a Verso for a few years now.
I agree with @Ozi, you may need to travel to get what you want.
A good converter will be busy, they may not want to do what you want as they have their tried and tested conversions.
They only do the verso conversions now. Don't need/want that lovely though it is. I'm in no rush so happy to wait for a good un. Thanks for info.

I agree with @Ozi too. The large converters will not be flexible enough to make any custom mods. After much research all across the uk I chose Rolling Homes in Shrewsbury, 170 miles from me, as they were the only people willing to sit down and listen to my particular specs. The no no for all the big names was my shower requirement…inside a pop top. “Yes we can do you a shower” but only in a high top or their shower was a spray on the back for washing mud and salt off. After my heads together session with Mark from Rolling Homes we designed a system with a shower tray built from Corian matching the worktop. A frame and curtain that fits across the gap between the end of the pop top bed and the rear of the van when the roof is raised. That all packs away back in the shower tray under the removable floor section and it’s all connected to the grey water belly tank. Meaning I can wild camp and shower throughout the year. They even managed to fit all that into a SWB which was a parking bonus for me, living in London and using the van as my general runabout.
Sounds a great set up. In my mind I'd love to do the whole wild camp thing, but in practice I'll be far less ambitious!!

Thanks for the info. Not that far from me so if I don't get something more local I will give them a call.

Another vote for Apple County Customs here. We're really pleased with what theyve done for us. We'd go back again if we make any changes/do more (once the bank balance has recovered!!)
Great, thanks for the info. I've emailed them so hopefully hear back soon.

I have used both Apple County Customs in Keynsham and T-Spoke in Winford, close to Bristol Airport.
Would recommend both.

Back