Considering a purchase but need advice on service schedules. T30 105

Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase a T6 Transporter conversion, nothing flashy, nice condition and interior, decent mileage 35k and a reasonable price in my opinion. It's a 16 plate T30 105. I'm a little concerned about the service history though, as it was only serviced at 21k from new. I've read about the Flexible and Longlife service options, but being used to typical every 10k car services, I'm unsure if I should be concerned or not. I've test driven and everything seems fine, all looks fine but I'm no engineer, so your advice, experience and feedback very much welcomed before I take the plunge. I genuinely have no reason to suspect anything untoward from the seller, but I'm inexperienced in such matters.

Cheers! Patrick.

You will not get a consistent view on this. VW will say the first service is due at 21,000 miles, so no problem.
Personally I think that’s too long - 12,000 for me. Others here will say 5,000.

If you aren’t going to do high mileage or keep it for a long time, then I would say go for it.

Otherwise go with your gut feel.

Pete

Old adage is all I’m going to say oil is cheaper than repair you can’t over service
Oh no ‍
In my opinion Phew

You will not get a consistent view on this. VW will say the first service is due at 21,000 miles, so no problem.
Personally I think that’s too long - 12,000 for me. Others here will say 5,000.

If you aren’t going to do high mileage or keep it for a long time, then I would say go for it.

Otherwise go with your gut feel.

Pete
Old adage is all I’m going to say oil is cheaper than repair you can’t over service
Oh no ‍
In my opinion Phew

Thanks both. I agree that more servicing rather than less is more sensible - I'd be inclined to a service every 10-12k miles anyway on any vehicle, but from a VW perspective you think a 20k/2year service is ok and not necessarily a deal breaker? It makes sense that a commercial van would do more mileage than the average family car, but I want to make sure I'm not being stupid before I become indebted again. This will be my main drive as I can't afford to run a car as well so I need to get it right. :)

Oil and filter annually or every 10,000
Fuel filter and air filter every other + aux belt
And brake fluid
Gear box oil and pas oil every forth

Would be my minimum but that’s me
My schedule decided on by me nothing to do with vw Uk Germany or Europe, totally decided on by me for my own piece of mind

Back