Compression Sacks?

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’ve always struggled and stuffed duvets and pillows into cupboards and forced the door closed and/or rolled them into bin bags and stored them between the seats but I’m wondering if there’s an easier way. I’d heard of compression sacks and I’ve had a look on amazon but do they really reduce the volume that much? Are they easy to use? Or is there another solution that anyone has used? The vacuum pack ones would be no good as I’m not lugging a hoover with me when I’m trying to save space!

I’ve always struggled and stuffed duvets and pillows into cupboards and forced the door closed and/or rolled them into bin bags and stored them between the seats but I’m wondering if there’s an easier way. I’d heard of compression sacks and I’ve had a look on amazon but do they really reduce the volume that much? Are they easy to use? Or is there another solution that anyone has used? The vacuum pack ones would be no good as I’m not lugging a hoover with me when I’m trying to save space!
I use vacuum sacks, and my hoover is tiny but works a treat.
B121337B-B55C-49D6-9E74-F6ACB8BAD7A0.jpeg

Thanks but I don’t carry want to carry a hoover and even a small one like that is much bigger than the room I’d save

In the Mil we call them 'stuff sacks..' you start with the footend (this ensures that you always know which way the bag is during dark.. and saves head end getting dropped.)and just ram it into the bag.. no rolling or folding etc.. compress it down, round and in as much as possible.. then pull the compression straps down to keep it as small as possible.

In the Mil we call them 'stuff sacks..' you start with the footend (this ensures that you always know which way the bag is during dark.. and saves head end getting dropped.)and just ram it into the bag.. no rolling or folding etc.. compress it down, round and in as much as possible.. then pull the compression straps down to keep it as small as possible.
Thanks yes they seem to refer to them as stuff sacks on amazon as well. A lot of them make a big play of being waterproof, which I don’t need, I’m ploughing through the reviews seeing which gives the best compression that would fit a duvet

Just get some Duvalay sleeping bags - mattress topper, comfortable bedding and pillows in a single pack that rolls up neatly and sits on the RIB shelf.

As for vacuums - we have a Dyson V6 car and boat that stores nicely under the passenger seat - biggest use is as a bug sucker before bed time!!

Just get some Duvalay sleeping bags - mattress topper, comfortable bedding and pillows in a single pack that rolls up neatly and sits on the RIB shelf.

As for vacuums - we have a Dyson V6 car and boat that stores nicely under the passenger seat - biggest use is as a bug sucker before bed time!!
No I’ve done the duvalay combined thing before, not for me, a duvet works much better. Also don’t have a RIB shelf, all mine gets put in cupboard. After trawling through Amazon I’m going to give this a try
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Snugpak-92...=40701&refRID=FFPE3KYBJC1BWJFHEDZ0&th=1&psc=1

we use cheap compression sacks on the bedding. Probably not essential for us at the moment, but they work well

That Snugpak is the one I’ve just ordered and that other one looks interesting thanks, haven’t seen one that could be vacuumed with a little hand pump :thumbsup:
Just as an update on this, I bought both of these and the Mystic compression bags were the first to arrive so I tried them tonight.
Hopeless. They work great with nothing in and pumping the air out with the little pump takes no time at all, however, once the duvet was in I found it really difficult to seal. Pulling the little "zipper" thing across multiple times just left it popping open in the middle due to the tension. Eventually I sat on it and managed to seal it and 5 mins of frantic pumping (stop sniggering) had it down to about the size I was rolling it up and squezzing to in 10 secs without it. I wouldn't have the patience to do this in the van, I could be 10 mins down the road by then so they've gone in the loft and we'll see how the Snugpaks do.

Sorry to hear the mystics are pants :( I’m pretty sure the snugpaks will be fit for purpose, I’ve used them type of compression bags on my sleeping bags and they worked a treat:)

Further to this, the Snugpak has arrived and made me feel like an idiot. I've been sat with it for the whole of the first half of the Spain game and cannot for the life of me work out how to feed the strap through the buckle without it pulling straight out. I'm sure it should be obvious but I can't find any hints anywhere on the net and there are no instructions. Just about ready to chuck it out the window, can't believe I've been defeated by something as simple as this, senility really is setting in :cry:

Loosen the strap on the buckle as far as it will go, then pull them to one side where you will stuff whatever you are putting in there at the top.
The place the straps back over the top then compress it, does that make any sense?

Thanks, sussed it now. It was actually how to feed the strap through the clasp that had stumped me believe it or not, was trying to feed it through too many slots.

Back