Compensation on being unable to access site

Cagenglo

Hi I booked a site last week in Grantown on spay, we tried to reach the site yesterday but all of the snow gates north were closed and all of the roads were 1-2 feet deep with water after a storm. I’ve payed £180 for 3 nights I’ve checked as I was going to try and travel up again today, however, the gates are still closed and heavy rain is forecast for the regions. Is there anyway I can get a refund or re arrange my stay as when I booked the man said my payment is non-refundable.

Have you spoken to "the man"? The deposit may be non-refundable, but they may allow you to rearrange. Failing that, do you have any travel insurance you can claim on?

Hi bav
Thanks for your reply I am currently trying to reach them but to no avail
I don’t have travel insurance as it isn’t that far form me

If you've no travel.insurance, then you're reliant upon the flexibility of the person you booked with.

We always take out annual travel insurance for our travels abroad - it's not that much more than for single-trip cover and it also covers for any UK trips that involve an overnight stay. Obviously too late for this trip, but something to consider for the future.

Cheers m8 never really thought about that as this is the first time it’s happened to me but I will have in the future thanks

Reactions: Bav
If the weather is that bad £180 is a small price to pay compared to damaging your van
I've just cancelled going away tomorrow due to high winds so lost £50 not £4500 for a new pop top

Why would you put up your pop up roof up in high winds that just silly
Probably because @Bargy62 was going to use the bed in the pop top.

Anyway, the snow gates are now open, so no reason why you couldn't get to Grantown on Spey this evening.....

Am already away check this morning and they were still closed so decided to go somewhere else but the kind gentleman has rearranged my date for new year so the great think for your reply

Back