Cmc Or Conceptmulti-car Reviews

We bought a T6 T32 combi and had CMC convert it for us. Both Sue and are really pleased with the outcome. Have had about 8 weeks away in it since picking it up in September and no issues at all. Solar panel works well, no problem with electrics, water and waste are very basic but foolproof. Pop top works a treat, bed is comfortable (haven’t got the roof bed) and finish is really smart and modern. Had really picky minor issues eg wanted slightly different curtain tie backs which were changed for us and that was about it. Very friendly, courteous, been converting for years and no complaints at all.

How do you find noise/heat in the van? I looked around the workshop and they a very thin white sheet insulation and that seems to be it... Other convertors i have looked at seem to go to town on thermal/noise insulation - this kind of stuff - Sound Deadening Shop - Car Van & 4x4 Automotive Sound Proofing...

Yes, their insulation is a pretty token effort. It’s the only real downside of ours. The side cupboards can heat up significantly in full sun because of the lack of insulation.

The Reimo kit they fit is tried and tested however and really maximises available space. You won’t get much in the way of bespoke design from them but their conversions are high quality (aside from the aforementioned insulation issue).

Yes, their insulation is a pretty token effort. It’s the only real downside of ours. The side cupboards can heat up significantly in full sun because of the lack of insulation.

The Reimo kit they fit is tried and tested however and really maximises available space. You won’t get much in the way of bespoke design from them but their conversions are high quality (aside from the aforementioned insulation issue).
I agree, it does look to be 'off the shelf' but it is all fully functional and at a good price - relative to the likes of vanworx/exploria...

I had a Reimo conversion and used CMC for Activ Rails. The Reimo conversion is a modular kit and the insulation is stick on foam in key places. It is not a full insulation job by far. The Activ Rails were fitted well but they perhaps oversold them to me after assuring me the roof could take the load. I had a Kari-Tek roof rack and with 2 x 3 seater SOT kayaks on, the roof bowed so much that it prevented the Kari-Tek working. In other words a complete waste of time, money and effort. I must stress that the work was done tidily and neatly.

I had a Reimo conversion and used CMC for Activ Rails. The Reimo conversion is a modular kit and the insulation is stick on foam in key places. It is not a full insulation job by far. The Activ Rails were fitted well but they perhaps oversold them to me after assuring me the roof could take the load. I had a Kari-Tek roof rack and with 2 x 3 seater SOT kayaks on, the roof bowed so much that it prevented the Kari-Tek working. In other words a complete waste of time, money and effort. I must stress that the work was done tidily and neatly.
Sorry to hear about the trouble. yes - insulation does not quite work for me...

Replaced one side of Perspex support for pop-top. When they showed me, they hadn’t replaced the item had to wait a short while but was only a 5 minute job. It was free though, so can’t complain. Managed to loosen drivers arm rest used as a step for poptop . Watched the guy scramble up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Had Reimo poptop struts replaced for free, balanced out quite well I spose

How do you find noise/heat in the van? I looked around the workshop and they a very thin white sheet insulation and that seems to be it... Other convertors i have looked at seem to go to town on thermal/noise insulation - this kind of stuff - Sound Deadening Shop - Car Van & 4x4 Automotive Sound Proofing...
Not a problem in the cold, took it skiing last year as the heater keeps it nice and warm. It gets very hot in the sun, not helped by having bamboo green which sucks in the heat. Quite often 26-28 degrees when we were going to bed and usually about 20 in the morning. Mind you we did have 4 weeks when the daytime temperature climbed above 30 degrees every day. You get good at spotting shade. Not sure more insulation would have made that much difference as the windows even with silvers and thermal curtains were adding to the heat. Bare metal eg in the sliding doors were almost too hot to touch. Van was 50 degrees C in Slovenia thank god for AC. Hope that helps.

Not a problem in the cold, took it skiing last year as the heater keeps it nice and warm. It gets very hot in the sun, not helped by having bamboo green which sucks in the heat. Quite often 26-28 degrees when we were going to bed and usually about 20 in the morning. Mind you we did have 4 weeks when the daytime temperature climbed above 30 degrees every day. You get good at spotting shade. Not sure more insulation would have made that much difference as the windows even with silvers and thermal curtains were adding to the heat. Bare metal eg in the sliding doors were almost too hot to touch. Van was 50 degrees C in Slovenia thank god for AC. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. hope you don't mind but some more questions for you: Do you mean the vehicle AC - just at the front of the van? how did it do in the scorching heat - did it perform well enough? when camping did you leave the engine idling when parked up to keep the AC going? (when it was too hot)

Sorry I meant the van AC, plenty cool enough. If we were going anywhere we’d drive in the hottest part of the day to get most benefit of it. Often took the most scenic route to prolong the journey in the cool. Although ended up on a forest road in Slovenia for 20k which has looked fine in the map. Luckily didn’t meet any forestry lorries as the incomprehensible sign turns out to have said closed to non-forestry traffic. No phone signal so couldn’t check it but asked our waiter when we got back having taken a photo of the sign. Still we were nice and cool and the road was ‘interesting’ . Never actually ran the engine once stopped just opened all 5 doors to try and get a through breeze.

Back