Clutch pressure plate bolts reusable?

GavMc P11GT

Doing my DMF and clutch this week I’m fitting new flywheel bolts as I know they are not reusable the question is are the pressure plate bolts reusable? And would you loctite them?

Clutch bolts can be re-used. Its just the flywheel bolts that need to be replaced as they stretch (60nm + 90 degrees)

I's advise some loctite on the bottom of the threads of the flywheel bolts (as well as the dry, blue type thats already on them) as this helps stop any oil leaks from the gearbox side of the crank.

Clutch bolts can be re-used. Its just the flywheel bolts that need to be replaced as they stretch (60nm + 90 degrees)

I's advise some loctite on the bottom of the threads of the flywheel bolts (as well as the dry, blue type thats already on them) as this helps stop any oil leaks from the gearbox side of the crank.
I put it all back together yesterday would you believe! I never loctited as the new bolts had it on

I was gonna put some on but thought it was overkill

Cheers for getting back to me though!

I put it all back together yesterday would you believe! I never loctited as the new bolts had it on

I was gonna put some on but thought it was overkill

Cheers for getting back to me though!
Funny thing is I replied yesterday, but it didn’t actually send it!

You’ll probably be fine, but for anyone that comes across this post looking for info.. I’d recommend extra loctite, as they do leak.. quite commonly, to the point of Vw releasing a technical product info.

Back