charged battery yes?

T6 Guru
.... reading a German Forum, it was advised not to obsessively charge the batteries, both of the motor and of the free time .., in order not to stress them unnecessarily .... this theory contrasts with what I do ... I have the possibility to connect my Ocean to a 220 socket and therefore often remains under charge .., am I wrong something?

No, that is ok.

Provided the 240v charger is the correct smart charger for AGM battery types.

If it is an intelligent charger, then it should be OK. They are designed to be connected for long periods.

My Leisure Battery charger is not intelligent, it is a dumb Caravan power supply. Over the winter, I connected to mains (230v) every two weeks for 1 day. I also connected an intelligent battery charger to the van battery (CTEK MXS 5.0) at the same time to charge it back up.

Now it is April and we have sun, and my 10W dash solar panel is keeping the van battery charged. We are allowed camping on Friday, so I will plug it in and turn on the fridge. Hooray :mexican wave:

Hopefully you can translate OK!!

it is the original VW battery charger .... and in the German forum they reiterated that it is counterproductive to abuse it too much ..... boh

I think you have a California?

What is the charger?

The charger type is not mentioned in the UK brochure.

The UK VW California forum say to charge once a month
Leisure battery regular charging at home

They say that the VW handbook recommends charging once a month, presumably just for one day?

Anyone with a California confirm? @Loz @JOG ??

Er...um....I have to defer to @Loz on this one! I’ve never done anything at all and I have no issues! Then again, that was with my T5.1 Cali. We got our T6 Cali mid-lockdown and have done even less with it. I occasionally hook it up to the EHU and run a dehumidifier in it overnight, but that’s about it

Reactions: CAB
Back