Ceramic Coating

Just been done like I said I was probably expecting to much after seeing some of the pics on forum

A ceramic coat is obviously limited by the condition of the paint it covers, as well as how it’s applied.

What coat have you got, and by whom? And what condition was the van in, ie how old, and did you have any kind of enhancement detail done?

Had my last two cars done in gtechniq serum; the most recent was brand new and driven straight from dealer to detailer but still needed a stage 2 enhancement before the serum was applied

I agree with @Village in that even though it's new, it needs a brief tickle over before anything ceramic is applied. Mine went in within a week of getting it new, and Gtechiq did a wonderful job at their HQ.

Almost a year later, it is still hydrophobic when the road dirt is washed off. A real pleasure to do with the hardest faff being getting the jet washer out..

The van is 3 years old 10,000 miles
It had stage 1 enhancement stage 2 in places I was told and the coating is Gtech I won’t say who did it because it is probably me who was expecting a faultless mirror like finish I should have asked more questions they seemed very pleased with the results after 3days and put pics up on their Facebook it looks very different when it’s in a brightly lit detailing bay when I see reflection pics on here the paintwork looks perfect mine looks orange peely
Is it possible to have van done again now it’s been coated and is the finish I imagine even possible
Apologies for my total ignorance of such matters

Ceramic wont make your paintwork glasslike if your paintwork isnt worked.
The machine polishing will do that first

£1000 sounds cheap to be fair .
Id be going back to the detailer who applied it

The orange peel is in the top coat/lacquer, and not from the ceramic coat on top. That would need to be polished out before the serum is applied.

It can certainly be done again, but the ceramic coat would need to be polished off first, then the paint would need to worked on and brought up to a decent finish, before the coat is then applied again.

Thanks for replies think I need to explain what I want better next time
Interesting to hear the feedback, from my own perspective I'm keen to get it done for UV barrier, van is dog dick red which I'm led to believe is prone to bleaching over time. Also working away means the van can sometimes go for up to a month collecting dust, bird crap etc without being cleaned when I'm gone. I can just see that becoming an issue over the years, hopefully a coating would help.
Having said that, I've got quotes for freighting the van down under + a flight for myself, for less money than a ceramic coating; an aussie road trip for a few months would be more memorable on my death bed than thinking back to what a nice paint coat I had on the van....

Interesting to hear the feedback, from my own perspective I'm keen to get it done for UV barrier, van is dog dick red which I'm led to believe is prone to bleaching over time. Also working away means the van can sometimes go for up to a month collecting dust, bird crap etc without being cleaned when I'm gone. I can just see that becoming an issue over the years, hopefully a coating would help.
Having said that, I've got quotes for freighting the van down under + a flight for myself, for less money than a ceramic coating; an aussie road trip for a few months would be more memorable on my death bed than thinking back to what a nice paint coat I had on the van....
Look on detailing world and make a request for prices.

@Captain Backfire Spoke with Immaculate in Segensworth , they are using Fireball, was this the same product they used for you? How's it looking a year on ?

T
Hi mate, i get my van washed by the chap who did the ceramic coating once every few months whether it needs it or not :) It always comes up looking very good IMO. still beads up. I am happy i did it, purely for peace of mind.

Back