Ceramic Coating 6 months on

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Cleaned the van for the third time since having it coated. Feel like I’m properly ontop of it now... don’t get me wrong the paint work isn’t perfect , but it’s black... and I don’t think I’ll ever get ALL the swirls out.

Ps, @Tourershine , can I be your son yet?

4830DBDE-7CD8-421B-A66A-AEB8D3D7B742.jpeg

7AD050C2-792A-4DAE-825C-563B72B0AD66.jpeg
17AF5E5A-A640-41FA-A0B1-F6F37A1BCE81.jpegB53EA107-DF05-4D02-A048-87AA0CCD8CEE.jpeg

Looking good @CALLAKN and yeah it's not easy getting Black perfect. Actually I will rephrase that. It's not easy getting Volkswagen Pearl Gloss Black perfect. Reason I say that is because my previous Vivaro Black was no where near as bad as the VW, and my daughters 6 year old Black Mini is also much better than my T6. Either the Volkswagen paint isn't as tough as other manufactures, or the Pearl in the paint just enhances the swirls visually. Either way, keeping it swirl free as a daily driver is near on impossible. All we can do is keep waxing to minimise the poor finishes.

I do like it much better on those Amaroks though Son and as you mentioned to me the other day, lets get some spacers on at least the rear wheels.

Looking good @CALLAKN and yeah it's not easy getting Black perfect. Actually I will rephrase that. It's not easy getting Volkswagen Pearl Gloss Black perfect. Reason I say that is because my previous Vivaro Black was no where near as bad as the VW, and my daughters 6 year old Black Mini is also much better than my T6. Either the Volkswagen paint isn't as tough as other manufactures, or the Pearl in the paint just enhances the swirls visually. Either way, keeping it swirl free as a daily driver is near on impossible. All we can do is keep waxing to minimise the poor finishes.

I do like it much better on those Amaroks though Son and as you mentioned to me the other day, lets get some spacers on at least the rear wheels.

Local detailer said if he had gone any futher with the cutting, he would have gone through the paint. He thinks they don’t put as much paint on vans as cars! Tbf you can see up top in the guttering where there’s actual lack of paint....

As for spacers. What size on the back? I like tucked no pokey for me

As for spacers. What size on the back? I like tucked no pokey for me

To bulk them out to the arch I'd go 25-30mm spacers, but you will be fine with 20 or even 15mm if you want to keep it tucked. One good aspect of the wheels inside the arch like yours, is the van doesn't seem to get so filthy in the rain, where are mine are so wide that they blast water right across the sides. I only noticed the difference when I ran none banded 17s a while ago.

Exactly mate. Rather not flick crap up the side of my van like the vossens do haha

cheers bah

Back