CBE electrics help

Gaz6728

Hello all I’m wondering if any of you electrical geniuses can help a man out I’m mid camper conversion of my 2019 t6 lwb I’ve gone for a victron b2b and the solar mppt controller which I’ve got working fine so the control system I’ve got is the cbe pc380 with the ds520-an dis board so I’m thinking if I just don’t connect it to the van battery or the ignition live can it be used just to control the leisure side as I don’t want it to interfere with the victron b2b what I’ve found is the van battery is flashing flat which I know will do my head in after a while is there a way to disable b1 ie cutting a resistor like on the ds300 I can’t find any info on this would much appreciate if anyone can help thanks

So basically you are using the Victron DC-DC & MPPT to charge your AUX battery from the starter battery & Solar . . . . so you don't want to use the CBE internal AUX battery charger . . . so you have disabled that feature by disconnecting the starter battery and IGN feed into the CBE. . . . . which is causing a CBE low starter battery fault light.

So if the flashing light is the only problem, cant you just block it out?

I don't know myself as I've not used one . . . but id imagine if you were up for cutting a resistor (implying that you were ok for taking the panel apart)

that maybe covering the LED . . . or back of the panel with black gaffer tape . . . to block out the light?

ill show the bits you have below to see if others had a similar issue . .

so you have . .

1609323967252.png

with this Dis board . .

1609324089405.png

I connected the engine battery feed on mine, this won’t effect the B - B charger as you are only taking a feed to show the voltage, this can be handy, (you don’t connect the ignition start power so the charge relay is not switched on) also when plugged into mains it will send some charge to the engine battery, so again handy
you could just connect the leisure battery to both so it shows the same voltage and doesn’t flash , again without the ignition switch connected it won’t fire up the built in charge relay
just my suggestion I would confirm I am correct before doing the above

Thanks guys I’ve wired all the leisure side up today no problem the heater /fridge /12v all the sensors while it not been connected to b1 so all there thats left is the flashing van battery I’ve actually run the 6mm fused to the van battery and a ignition so I’ll connect the van tomorrow but no ignition feed as nick say see what happens it actually went a lot better than I thought it would

So basically you are using the Victron DC-DC & MPPT to charge your AUX battery from the starter battery & Solar . . . . so you don't want to use the CBE internal AUX battery charger . . . so you have disabled that feature by disconnecting the starter battery and IGN feed into the CBE. . . . . which is causing a CBE low starter battery fault light.

So if the flashing light is the only problem, cant you just block it out?

I don't know myself as I've not used one . . . but id imagine if you were up for cutting a resistor (implying that you were ok for taking the panel apart)

that maybe covering the LED . . . or back of the panel with black gaffer tape . . . to block out the light?

ill show the bits you have below to see if others had a similar issue . .

so you have . .

View attachment 96712

with this Dis board . .

View attachment 96713
Hi mate the dis board picture is the outside you take it apart to wire all the plugs in so on the older ones cbe actually says cut resistor 37 which I would do if I know there was a dedicated one as of covering the light up it’s on the main digital display just keeps flashing

HI, does any one know if i instead of connecting all the way back to the main van battery with a seperate lead, can i just connect from my cute charger battery in line to the "B1"

thanks for any help.

cute charger ?

what fuse board . . . got a few pics to help out?

HI, does any one know if i instead of connecting all the way back to the main van battery with a seperate lead, can i just connect from my cute charger battery in line to the "B1"

thanks for any help.
Will depend if the B1 already has a wire going* to the vehicle battery, if so then yes

Let me start again lol, can i connect from the power "in" on my ctek charger to the B1 on the 12v distribution board, or do i have to run a complete separate new in independent line from the B1 on the board right back to the main van battery? I've literally just finished installing a 12v for my ctek and 240v line from the engine bay and put all the seats and dash and etc back so i could really do with out having to drag it all out again to put another 12v line coming in from the battery.

thanks

Back