CB40 top load fridge

Neilson

Precision Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've now got the CB 40 fridge for the camper project. Has anyone fitted one. The instructions seem to say screw into the case! Is this correct.

I'm making the units so can add a step or something to rest it on. Does anyone know how they fit in an Evo Design unit?

It sits on top of right angle connector blocks from memory. Pretty sure I didn't screw into the case. I will try and find the evo instructions.

I’ve fit the CB40 in my van. EVO do a few that are designed for the top loader

You can also screw into the case by around half an inch. I did it with mine to ensure totally secure. As above it also sits on a panel. They’re easy to fit.

The top loading fridge won't fit into my Evo furniture due to the cooling pipe sticking out proud of the fridge > See pic. Is the pipe supposed to be positioned there?

fridge pipe.jpg

I’ve not fitted mine yet, furniture is turning up in a couple of weeks. I would have thought you can just push it in. I have the my fridge in the garage so will have a look later and let you know.

Cheers @Neilson , It would slot straight in without the pipe sticking out the side. The fridge dimensions do not include the additional length introduced by the pipe too.

Looks like mine's a manufacturing failure as this pics looks to be how it should be produced

fridge correct.jpg

Here's mine. Not sure what size pipe is under the insulation. I suspect it's copper so might push in with light pressure?

IMG_0597.JPG

Yes it's copper but rock solid in place. I'm taking it back today.

Does anyone know of a decent Webasto BI 41 fridge supplier please?

Interestingly, the manufacturer advised Jackson's to manipulate the pipe into place. Seems to have worked!! I can't see why they can't build them correctly in the 1st place.. It's a lot of money to pay for a mickey mouse scenario....

Back