Carpet Bulkhead To Reduce Noise?

Hi guys. Thinking about removing the bulkhead to line each side with carpet to deaden the noise from the back of my 67 reg T6 panel van. Has anyone done this and had any success with it? Thanks

Hi.
A week ago I fitted black felt to the cab side of my steel bulkhead on 68 plate edition panel van to keep down a bit of noise & give it a bit of a luxury look. Only cost around £25
I left the bulkhead in place, removed the double seats & slid the drivers seat as far forward.
Was a bit tricky but looks great

Hi.
A week ago I fitted black felt to the cab side of my steel bulkhead on 68 plate edition panel van to keep down a bit of noise & give it a bit of a luxury look. Only cost around £25
I left the bulkhead in place, removed the double seats & slid the drivers seat as far forward.
Was a bit tricky but looks great

Thanks for the reply. Has it made much difference to the noise?

To be honest, I don’t think it made a huge difference. Maybe very slight but I’m happy with the finish. Coming from a caddy, I think it drives very quite in comparison.

just done mine a bit fiddly but it gives a much more finished look to the rear cab area, and sound proofing the inside panels and lining makes a much more comfortable work van.

Back