Cargo Ties

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
6AA3DBDD-7424-4ABF-8CD5-4201853E30B7.jpeg

Ok, I’m getting fed up looking around for answers has anyone tried to use the existing ties after lining .. here’s a pic .. I may have made a mistake cutting out for the lash points .. I thought that I could leave the existing lash points and just fit a plastic insert to finish off the holes but I see the ones for sale that one can find on eBay, etc come with a plastic base / insert and ONE bolt that’s odd as all of mine it’s two bolts ....
Anyway, do these 1 bolt versions just use one of the existing bolt holes ??? I’m totally confused ... and tired from what seems endless work on this f##kîng vehicle.. I love it but it seems every single job needs endless faffing with to get sorted out .. rant over .. anyone out there with previous experience who can help shed some light on this latest exquisite little inconvenience?

Last edited by a moderator:
when I did mine, a while back.
I cut the cup hole so that the plastic sat on the top of the ply and used longer bolts, as opposed to sitting underneath, anyway...
looking at what you have done, I would make some 6mm ply rings, then insert the plastic in that and use a longer bolt. but that is just my thoughts from what I can see.
:thumbsup:

That's great, my van came with no cups for the ties just the hooks bolted straight to the van floor. I thought that there may be a plastic insert available to finish off the hole, so I may well have already cut the holes too big to do what I would like.. anyhow I've ordered 6, two-bolt, cups online ( for ridiculous money!) so can anybody give me dimensions of diameter of holes needed? so I can see if I will need to start over with my flooring or so I can see the cups may fit.. also where would I acquire longer bolts and are they absolutely necessary?

Where did you get the dual home cups from Osman?
I searched eBay for hours ! I found several but some where ridiculously expensive these were still like £40 for the set but some were being sold at that price each ! Just checked my emails and the original link had gone.. soo all I can suggest is for your to spend some time searching .. they must be around.
By the way I was very lucky as the diameter of the holes and the depth of floor is perfect for them

Back