Caravelle window blanks

So similar to my post about a kombi conversion with caravelle rails, I'm exploring the option of a caravelle and then blanking out the rear windows/tailgate, has anyone e found any products to be able to do this

We have a window van so not the same level of trim and I’ve pondered blackout film (if it exists) or limo tint then just full height ply panels, carpet covered.

Rear window - what about a second hand van tailgate without window then sell yours?

I had thought about if I went down that route to swap out the tailgate, which would be a relatively easy fix for that it.

I think I understand. When I got my van, it had a fit out by the company Bott, and the rear upper panels were held in by some bespoke angled brackets. They weren't a true right angle. They were rivnutted into the pillars, and the panels fixed in the normal way through a hole in the face of the bracket. Enough of these around the window opening (8 each side?) might do it. I've circled them in red. This is after taking most of them out.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 23.10.49.png

You can get glass that is non see through, so you could replace the windows on the outside with those to get the same result

5% window tint then line the inside however you want if you want to make doubly sure paint/carpet the window side of the panel black. Done loads.

Back