Caravelle leisure setup

Dibsta

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi ready to start doing my van 2016 adblue
First off I have swivel base's(under seat or in rear)
Wanting lithium 230ah with ehu , inverter (1000w or 2000w) with option to add solar
wanting to run / led lights / fridge/ diesel heater tv
Need some direction read so many post.

If possible would a power bank be able to what I want.
2/3 day stays
I appreciate any help

Hi do these fit under swivel base
Yes. But depending if you have the factory fit leisure battery, you'll need to move at least a few relays, and possibly alter the battery plate in the seat base. They're a tight fit.

There's plenty of pictures on here, do a search and you'll see a load of results.

You'll obviously need to split components between the seat bases, there's just enough room for a small DC-DC with the battery but no chance of getting an inverter in there.

Yes. But depending if you have the factory fit leisure battery, you'll need to move at least a few relays, and possibly alter the battery plate in the seat base. They're a tight fit.

There's plenty of pictures on here, do a search and you'll see a load of results.

You'll obviously need to split components between the seat bases, there's just enough room for a small DC-DC with the battery but no chance of getting an inverter in there.
I was thinking battery under drivers rest under passenger

There's 2 main seat base batteries from what I know:

Fogstar Drift

Roamer

There's 2 main seat base batteries from what I know:

Fogstar Drift

Roamer
Yes was look at the fogstar drift

Here’s my list
RENOGY IP67 50A DC-DC Battery Charger or the new Orion xs 12 12 50a

Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 100 | 30

2x BM2 battery monitoring APP

4x 60amp midi fuses and holder

1x 50amp midi fuses and holder

1x 30amp midi fuses and holder

Aux fuse box 12 way

100A-6 Terminals Block (live & ground)

Various cable sizes

Question on batteries is the roamer worth £350 more than the fogstar

Last edited:
What solar panel(s) are you looking at?

The Renogy DC-DC has a built in MPPT that can handle a panel with up to 50voc which should be good enough for 200-300w of solar, easily.

Only if you're going bigger would you need a separate MPPT. The Victron 100/30 can take 90voc about 450w of panels.

I'd also want a better monitoring system than the bm2, that will only show you current voltage and history. The Victron smart solar has Bluetooth built in, as does the Renogy. Both have a much more capable app for monitoring but I don't think either will show you the amount of power going out accurately. So you might want to add a smart shunt at the minimum, with other options (bmv712, Renogy one core) being more expensive but with displays showing draw, charge, solar, time remaining etc.

What solar panel(s) are you looking at?

The Renogy DC-DC has a built in MPPT that can handle a panel with up to 50voc which should be good enough for 200-300w of solar, easily.

Only if you're going bigger would you need a separate MPPT. The Victron 100/30 can take 90voc about 450w of panels.

I'd also want a better monitoring system than the bm2, that will only show you current voltage and history. The Victron smart solar has Bluetooth built in, as does the Renogy. Both have a much more capable app for monitoring but I don't think either will show you the amount of power going out accurately. So you might want to add a smart shunt at the minimum, with other options (bmv712, Renogy one core) being more expensive but with displays showing draw, charge, solar, time remaining etc.
Cheers Paul take out the bm2s add smart shunt if I was to switch charger to Orion xs12-12-50 would the one shunt work. I’m not have solar yet just future proofing

Cheers Paul take out the bm2s add smart shunt if I was to switch charger to Orion xs12-12-50 would the one shunt work. I’m not have solar yet just future proofing
A BM2 on your starter battery is no bad thing, just to make sure it's not going low after being sat for 2 weeks or if you've had the doors open for a few days on a campsite.

But you ideally need more complex monitoring on the LB as that will be getting the bulk of your load and draw.

The Victron smart shunt is excellent if you don't need a display, you'd just view it on your phone. The shunt basically attaches to the negative side of your battery before all other negative connections and measures the draw etc.

So you'll still ideally need 2x monitors but just a basic bm2 is fine on the starter. The smart shunt can also monitor the SB with it's auxiliary monitor so that's an option too.

Victron XS-50a is a fine choice, you can add a Victron MPPT later on once you know what size solar you are going for.

Also, for you currently have a factory fit LB under the passenger seat? That makes things a lot easier as the wiring from SB to the passenger seat is already there.

A BM2 on your starter battery is no bad thing, just to make sure it's not going low after being sat for 2 weeks or if you've had the doors open for a few days on a campsite.

But you ideally need more complex monitoring on the LB as that will be getting the bulk of your load and draw.

The Victron smart shunt is excellent if you don't need a display, you'd just view it on your phone. The shunt basically attaches to the negative side of your battery before all other negative connections and measures the draw etc.

So you'll still ideally need 2x monitors but just a basic bm2 is fine on the starter. The smart shunt can also monitor the SB with it's auxiliary monitor so that's an option too.

Victron XS-50a is a fine choice, you can add a Victron MPPT later on once you know what size solar you are going for.
Cheers Paul for the info
Would I benefit from a cerbo gx

Cheers Paul for the info
Would I benefit from a cerbo gx
Completely up to you, that obviously gives another level of monitoring.

The smart shunt is the basic one with no display, bmv712 is a shunt with a simple LCD display, the cervix gx is your full on system that connects everything together, with the option of a big LCD display. It's definitely not needed but depends how you like to view your usage, state of charge etc.

Welcome to the rabbit hole that is camper electrics!! :p

Completely up to you, that obviously gives another level of monitoring.

The smart shunt is the basic one with no display, bmv712 is a shunt with a simple LCD display, the cervix gx is your full on system that connects everything together, with the option of a big LCD display. It's definitely not needed but depends how you like to view your usage, state of charge etc.

Welcome to the rabbit hole that is camper electrics!! :p
May go for the bmv712 option
Cheers Paul

Back