Caravelle interior light wiring diagram.

Luke Martin

VIP Member
Hi, I’m trying to wire a Caravelle/California interior cab light into a standard panel van. Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the Caravelle light I could look at please?
thanks.

Might be helpful if you've got a picture of the light, does it have ambient lighting in it?

Capture.PNG

Thanks, the problem I have is that is has five wires instead of the standard three. I have the loom that goes into the new light but struggling to figure out what should join up with the three existing wires.

AF414211-28FC-4BD9-8ABF-F53116654296.jpeg

12438775-BC01-414D-AF5B-79D9CB384206.jpeg

6737C6EF-7FEE-4CE0-9648-5C331F151A17.jpeg

B14835E6-4E95-453C-95CD-E754B7E5615A.jpeg

Looking at the wire colours in the console. It looks like this one

Capture.PNG

Thank you. I’ll take a look and see what I can do. I can get power to the lights and make everything work with the switches now but can’t figure out how to make it work with the door switches and keep it live once the doors are shut. I also have a wire left over which seems to do nothing which is strange. Thanks again.

The wire's you're holding in your hand don't look like standard colours so look at the wire colours on the other side of the plug. You'll have 3 wires in your PV courtesy light Brown, Brown/Red and Red/Black. You'll need to run another wire up to the light too, for the instrument lighting. Easiest way is from the back of the instrument dimmer or if you don't have one from the back of the light switch. Look for a Grey/Blue wire.

You can ignore the Green and white wires as they are for the automatic dimming mirror, which if you have this the sensor will be built into the mirror itself. Ignoring those there are only 4 other connections to make.

Ah yes of course, the buttons should light up! Thank you, I hadn’t really thought about that! That’s what the small grey wire is for I would have thought. The wires won’t be standard transporter colours as the light is from a Touareg which is also a little confusing! Thank you again.

Back