Car Consolidation

sparkzer

Sparkzter!
T6 Guru
So the current home fleet (featured here)totals 5 vehicles which is probably a bit excessive, 2 are garage toys, but it does leave 3 on the drive including the T6 and there are only 2 of us driving (the lad is only 4 months old!)!..We are considering selling the 2016 Polo GTI and 2017 Golf R-line and buying one 5 door vehicle big enough for 2 adults, baby (and all that accompanies it!) and the dog (who normally travels in the boot of my golf).The golf sorta does the job already however it can be a squeeze at times if taking push chair and shopping etc so we don't want to go too mad on size, really want something with low running costs, lots of toys like the current Golf/Polo so as not to feel like a backward step. probably 2017-2018 reg.. I'm thinking Tiguan (or a VAG group equivalent) but would welcome suggestions?..what should we buy!?

So the current home fleet (featured here)totals 5 vehicles which is probably a bit excessive, 2 are garage toys, but it does leave 3 on the drive including the T6 and there are only 2 of us driving (the lad is only 4 months old!)!..We are considering selling the 2016 Polo GTI and 2017 Golf R-line and buying one 5 door vehicle big enough for 2 adults, baby (and all that accompanies it!) and the dog (who normally travels in the boot of my golf).The golf sorta does the job already however it can be a squeeze at times if taking push chair and shopping etc so we don't want to go too mad on size, really want something with low running costs, lots of toys like the current Golf/Polo so as not to feel like a backward step. probably 2017-2018 reg.. I'm thinking Tiguan (or a VAG group equivalent) but would welcome suggestions?..what should we buy!?

5 vehicles is not excessive, get a grip man. :)

Remember the garage is the most important room in the house.:cool:

id normally agree, I had 9 at my 'worst' and a motorbike....but i sold a lot to fund the purchase of our current house. The problem with the 2 in question is they are still pretty new, so depreciating a fair bit...the Polo GTI is probably leaving the drive once a month and thats only 'to give it a run out' so it seems a shame its not getting used by someone who can get a bit more use out of it.

Back