Candy-white tailgate conversion: part supplier

Does anyone know, If there should be a washer or grommet etc in between the hinge and body of the van? Rather than just metal to metal. I know there is a guide on here which lists alot of the parts. It mentions something but I am not sure if theres a part or something I can use to cut down to size ? Just putting it out there :)

@Ads_Essex I need to source four tailgate hinge bolts (hinge to tailgate, not hinge to body). Do you think these would fit? VW Transporter T4 T5 T6 Rear Door Hinge Bolt New Genuine OEM VW Part N10666901 | eBay Thanks.
Those are the same that I took off my barn doors. They are the same thread but if its for a tailgate I think its these N90931602

I maybe wrong

Does anyone know, If there should be a washer or grommet etc in between the hinge and body of the van? Rather than just metal to metal. I know there is a guide on here which lists alot of the parts. It mentions something but I am not sure if theres a part or something I can use to cut down to size ? Just putting it out there :)
The gasket I received from TPS was roughly A5 paper sized, which I cut down.

@Ads_Essex What material is this gasket made from and can you remember its thickness? I'm struggling to get one. Thanks Nick
It’s only millimetres thick. Don’t know what it’s made of, but it’s paper like with what feels to be a plastic backing

It’s only millimetres thick. Don’t know what it’s made of, but it’s paper like with what feels to be a plastic backing
Thanks for coming back to me so quickly mate - do you think this would work?

I'm very handy with a scalpel!

I don’t know what it’s actually comprised of, so I’d defer and recommend you ask at a body-shop?

Back