Can Caravelle beds on rails be full width 150cm ?

lucky13

VIP Member
I’ve been looking into sliding bed/seat systems and need a system that gives me the widest bed possible for my T6.0 ..I think that’s 150cm wide.

Does the Caravelle system do this or come close ?

Thanks

Thanks is that 150cm or is it narrower then that such as 145cm to take into account side panels that might be installed in the caravelle as standard ? for example can you get wider beds if you just have a panel van and want it as wiiiide as possible ?

One point of note is that the Caravelle 'bed' isn't exactly what you'd call comfortable.

One point of note is that the Caravelle 'bed' isn't exactly what you'd call comfortable.
Thanks I was wondering that!! but how do other companies make it a comfortable seat plus a comfortable bed ? is it possible to do both ?

Thanks is that 150cm or is it narrower then that such as 145cm to take into account side panels that might be installed in the caravelle as standard ? for example can you get wider beds if you just have a panel van and want it as wiiiide as possible ?
I believe the width is 148cm for the caravelle. I cant check as I have sold mine

The Caravelle "bed" is also not complete - it's only the 2/3rds of the system you find in a California.

You either fit an aftermarket mutliflex board or rear storage/kitchen pod to line up with the bed and get a 1/3 mattress infill, or you put the mid seats flat and put your feet on those.

I detailed mine in this post, which also links on to my post with pictures of the bed down:

The California Beach had a full width bench seat that converted into a 150cm wide bed (with the additional bed pack/parcel shelf thing)
IMG_7006.jpeg

IMG_7007.jpeg

IMG_7008.jpeg

Back