Campsites in Devon nr. Newton Abbot

tommy_t6.1

Builder
VIP Member
T6 Guru
End of August we're off to see family who have just recently moved down to Devon. Having never stayed in Devon and always ventured into Cornwall we haven't a clue what's what.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a campsite or somewhere with static caravans that has good facilities? Family are in Newton Abbot so ideally some near to or with 30/45 mins drive.

Cheers folks!

We went to a site in Lemonford which is about 10mins from Newton Abbot. Unfortunately it’s one to avoid as the had spent all the money on the entrance :D the site was a s*** *ole

There’s quite a few close to the A38, my advice is to avoid those as it will be noisy.
I’d head towards Dartmoor rather than the coast, regarding ‘good facilities’, your unlikely to find many with a heated pool but if you just want a clean toilet / shower block you should be ok.

If you’re a CAMC member then Ramslade is good. And the club have recently bought Dornafield but I haven’t stayed there.

There’s quite a few close to the A38, my advice is to avoid those as it will be noisy.
I’d head towards Dartmoor rather than the coast, regarding ‘good facilities’, your unlikely to find many with a heated pool but if you just want a clean toilet / shower block you should be ok.
Yeah just want a good shower/toilet block. We will only be sleeping/washing on site. I'll see what I can find in Dartmoor. Cheers!

End of August we're off to see family who have just recently moved down to Devon. Having never stayed in Devon and always ventured into Cornwall we haven't a clue what's what.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a campsite or somewhere with static caravans that has good facilities? Family are in Newton Abbot so ideally some near to or with 30/45 mins drive.

Cheers folks!
Hi I had a few nights stay at the Dartmoor halfway inn great little site easy to get too and food in the pub was excellent may be worth a go

We have stayed at "The Hens Dens" at Orchard Farm just outside Shaldon (15 mins drive from Newton Abbot) and can definitely recommend it. Quite a small site but has electric hook up, decent showers and washup facilities and is nicely away from the main roads. Right by the SW coastal path too so some nice strolls to be had.

Back