Camping Suggestion Please Devon / Dorset Coast!

Phantom

T6 Pro
Hi All

So being new to van I thought I would try out the bed this weekend at a campsite or nice spot Devon / Dorset!
Would be amazing to have pub near and view! :) Not wanting to get caught up in a dodgy layby I don't really know the etiquette or how it works. Do you just rock up and pay for a campsite (I don't need electric) or do I just find a nice spot to park but I do want to wake up in the morning!

Any helpful advice welcome please as first night in van so want to make sure I enjoy it! And any good recommendations gratefully received!

Thank you

Nick

At this time of year you should be OK just rocking up but with this coming weekend being the start of the school holidays you may find the best spots harder to find. One site I can recommend, in the area but not directly on the coast (about 3 or 4 miles inland), is South Lytchett Manor - Dorset Campsite, Motorhome & Caravan Holiday Park. South Lytchett Manor.

We last stayed there 3 years ago when picking up a boat from Poole and we have not stayed anywhere since that was quite so plush - no surprise it won the AA's campsite of the year for 2016 along with a host of other awards.

Last edited:
Kids are already on holiday down here, 2 weeks from start of this week :thumbsdown:

Kids are already on holiday down here, 2 weeks from start of this week :thumbsdown:
Just done some random sampling and it seems roughly half and half between those that broke up last week and this - good for us as we have already booked a few days for the first week of our school holidays and were hoping to book a few more for the week after the Easter weekend - we were thinking that week would be the busier but, if half the country is back at school after Easter Monday, it may be a bit quieter than we were expecting.

Thank you all for responses, just tried the one at Lytchett Minster and fully booked!!!!! Definitely half term!!!!!!

Branscombe is really nice; we stayed here
camping

Basic but quiet and relaxed.

There's a nearer campsite if needed. Think it's called Branscombe Airfield campsite.

The pub in the village is lovely as is the beach.

Enjoy - I suspect you won't be using an awful lot of diesel for heating tonight. We've been using ours over the winter - kept us toasty warm with temps down to minus 4.

Back