Campervan Cookies

Davenjo

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Last year Jo made some lovely little dry stone wall models as Christmas gifts for family members which were very well received. A couple of months ago a family member asked if she would consider making a much bigger model of a well know Leicestershire landmark as a present for her husband (they moved away from the area many years ago but still hold very fond memories of this particular landmark and the park where it stands). She completed it a couple of weeks ago but we have not yet handed it over.

This morning a surprise little thank you gift arrived from Campervan Cookies, Delicious handmade and bespoke cookies - love them and the personalised number plates on each van are great!!

IMG_4312.jpeg
IMG_4313.jpeg
IMG_4317.jpeg

Thats incredible. I could only dream of having the patience to make something as amazing as that.
A work of art.

I was about to say “that has to be old John” before I scrolled down and saw that TS had said the same thing.
To be honest couldn’t think of any other Leicestershire landmark. Especially since they have no ripped down the old Everards brewery.

I was about to say “that has to be old John” before I scrolled down and saw that TS had said the same thing.
To be honest couldn’t think of any other Leicestershire landmark. Especially since they have no ripped down the old Everards brewery.
....Belvoir Castle, Abbey Pumping Station, Jewry Wall, Magazine Gateway, King Richard III Tomb (and car park), Space Centre, Clock Tower, King Power Stadium, Welford Road, etc., etc. None of which Jo is ever going to make in stone lol. Drove past the old Everards site today and work on the new visitor centre on the opposite side is coming along well.

....Belvoir Castle, Abbey Pumping Station, Jewry Wall, Magazine Gateway, King Richard III Tomb (and car park), Space Centre, Clock Tower, King Power Stadium, Welford Road, etc., etc. None of which Jo is ever going to make in stone lol. Drove past the old Everards site today and work on the new visitor centre on the opposite side is coming along well.
So like I said, can’t think of any other famous Leicestershire landmarks :whistle:
:slow rofl:

Lol - I was going to include Lancaster Road Fire Station as well :)
Now that would fit the bill. I remember as a 4 or 5 year old going to a Christmas party for the stations family’s, being upstairs when Santa came down the road opposite on his sleigh, stopped on the forecourt, then climbed the Turntable Ladder and came I through the window (there was no chimney).

Back