bulkhead vendors

Packedlunchman

VIP Member
Hi, Does anyone know the best place to buy a bulkhead for a t6.1 kombi twin slider? I tried ebay and the 'for sale/wanted' section of the t6 forum but there's nothing local so I was wondering where to buy a new one and get it delivered. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Volkswagen Van Centre

The bulkhead behind the passengers is generally known as a Motexion bulkhead which can be with or without a window and is subtley different between single sliders and twin sliders. (This is only what I’ve picked up reading various posts - I don’t have one myself).

You probably need to ascertain whether the design changed with the T6.1 as the T6 versions appear for sale fairly regularly.

The other bulkhead is fitted to panel vans, in steel behind the drivers seat.

Last edited:
@Pauly our friendly forum owner can often look up part numbers, which may prove one way or tother if the T6 and T6.1 share the same motexion bulkhead.

Last edited:
And there’s also two main variants of Motexion bulkhead – there’s one that goes behind the drivers seat, and another that goes behind the second row of seats.

Behind the drivers seat:

9F42C0A5-AF5E-4EC5-9F62-12A3C883AEFE.jpeg

Behind the second row of seats:

A61DE3D6-0A6C-49CD-8FEA-72067DC975FC.jpeg

Notice they have a completely different shape to each other.

Also, there might be some more information on this thread: Motexion bulkhead

Just for clarity....pic attached of the Motexion bulkhead which I fitted to my T6.1 behind the drivers seat , supplied by VW Van Centre. The dealer said it would NOT fit my T6.1 panel van as I had ordered my van without a factory fitted bulkhead (for various reasons) and as such did not have the 'lip' for it to attach to.....guess what.....it fitted perfectly...snug as a v-dub!!!! ;)

Old price BTW..
image002.jpg

The dealer said it would NOT fit my T6.1 panel van as I had ordered my van without a factory fitted bulkhead (for various reasons) and as such did not have the 'lip' for it to attach to.....guess what.....it fitted perfectly...snug as a v-dub!!!! ;)

I think that dealer couldn’t be more wrong! You lucked out there I reckon. ;)

My T6 panel van did have a factory-fitted steel bulkhead, so I had to grind out the “lip” (like this) in order to fit my Motexion bulkhead behind the drivers seat (part number ZGB7HB017231 from here).

That's great. thanks for your help. I've emailed vw cust services to ask their advice.
be careful. when i bought my t6 kombi (twin slider) 4 years ago from vw dealer they told me vw only make a rear bulkhead to fit a single slider !
i believe twin slider bulkheads are only available from third party suppliers such as Motexion at roughly £500.
i bought a second hand single slider one soon after but it didn't fit particularly well and i was reluctant to alter it to try to make it fit.
i recently bought a second hand twin slider one from the forum which was out of a t6.1and it fits my t6 perfectly.

Just in case anyone else is following this thread with the same questions I had:
one VW dealer emailed me a part number ZGB5GA017 232. £423.80 including VAT.
The description is "Bulkhead with textile glass for vehicles with twin sliding doors"
I called a different VW dealer to double check this over the phone and they wouldn't give me the part number. They did quote the same price though.
So I'm as sure as I can be that this is the correct part number.

Just in case anyone else is following this thread with the same questions I had:
The description is "Bulkhead with textile glass for vehicles with twin sliding doors"
I called a different VW dealer to double check this over the phone and they wouldn't give me the part number. They did quote the same price though.

That also aligns with the listing on vwvanpartsdirect.co.uk :thumbsup:

1663773821517.png

I’ve just picked up one for my twin slider kombi in Bristol on eBay bit of a trip but was around £130.
Hold out on eBay or on here and one will come up.
Stick in the wanted section on here also

Another rear bulkhead for sale in Bristol on FB Marketplace.
Not mine, I hasten to add.

Did you actually find the correct part number for twin slider bulkhead behind second row of seats? I’m in need of one. Also which dealer priced at £423?

Can someone answer a question I have. Does the motexion bulkhead have a bigger offset than the std steel one to give a bit more room in the cab …. If so by how much ?

Back