Bulkhead question

Andy Power

T6 Pro
(Sorry, I origionaly put this in the wrong section)
Could a T6 'behind the rear seat bulkhead' fit into a twin door Kombi if it came out of a single door Kombi?
I am looking at one for sale but mine is a twin door Kombi and the guy thinks the one for sale is from a single door....

I saw a demo kombi with twin sliders and a VW bulkhead, the salesman explained that you just have to cut a small bit away for it to work with the twin doors. The bulk head was just made of plastic and I could not even see where it had been cut out. It was only fixed with about 3 fixings either side anyway. Hope this helps.

Could a T6 'behind the rear seat bulkhead' fit into a twin door Kombi if it came out of a single door Kombi?
I am looking at one for sale but mine is a twin door Kombi and the guy thinks the one for sale is from a single door....
Yes, they all seem to be single door ones, mine came from VW with it, one side does seem a bit of a better fit than the other but mine stays in place and hasn't even got any fixings in it.

Would a VW T5 Transporter Kombi Motexion Bulk Head Single Side Door, fit into my T6 Kombi with twin sliding doors?

I had a single sided Bulkhead in my Twin slider. It fits, not perfect - as the driver side slider is different to a plain panel.

It looks OK from the front, but you can see it's not quite right from the load area.

Ok, I bought the bulkhead and am picking it up tomorrow.
As my T6 is plylined I read that this may have to be 'cut back' in order to fit the bulkhead..... Has anyone done this or is there a way of fitting the bulkhead without cutting back the ply line?
The bulkhead is something that I want to be removable (easily) so it's not a permanent fixture etc.

The T5 and T6 bulkheads are the same, so yes

VW sell plastic '2nd row seated bulkhead kits' for T5 2003 onwards but they are only compatible with N/S Sliding doors.

Can anybody tell me if they have fitted one of these? as they don't fit with both sliding doors initially, weather some cutting is required, any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

It can be cut to accommodate but there is a two door version available
Check out the motexion website

It can be cut to accommodate but there is a two door version available
Check out the motexion website

Thanks Pauly, much appreciated.

I have been using Lincoln TPS (VW boys). Always is a pleasure.
Bought Part number: ZGB7H0 017 234 and adapted the O/S. Job done.

Do the kombi bulkheads reduce the road noise in the cabin?

I've seen people mention that it certainly cuts down on the road noise you can hear when there's no bulkhead fitted.

My Kombi had had an 18mm ply custom built bulkhead to accommodate my scaffold and kit, but still leave 4 seats.
Before this was done, I was surprised how noisy the van was, but now it's installed, it's literally as quiet as a well built car. So i'd assume the steel bulkhead will certainly help reduce the noise.

Thanks Pauly, much appreciated.

I have been using Lincoln TPS (VW boys). Always is a pleasure.
Bought Part number: ZGB7H0 017 234 and adapted the O/S. Job done.
I found also my vw local dealer only could get me the single slider motexion bulkhead so I kept looking and found out a company called
Mentereosautomotive that actually lmport them in for VW & sell both the double & single slider versions. So I bought my double door version bulkhead from the them it was cheaper than vw & didn't want to pay £440 to vw to then have to cut it up to fit somewhere close , when you can buy the proper version to fit it was delivered 48hrs later I fitted it myself it was a tight fit in the van , but it has made it so Much quieter I think plus helps in winter for heating the cabin area less the load space

I've seen people mention that it certainly cuts down on the road noise you can hear when there's no bulkhead fitted.

My Kombi had had an 18mm ply custom built bulkhead to accommodate my scaffold and kit, but still leave 4 seats.
Before this was done, I was surprised how noisy the van was, but now it's installed, it's literally as quiet as a well built car. So i'd assume the steel bulkhead will certainly help reduce the noise.
Great cheers, I thought the Kombi bulkhead was plastic?

I'm in two minds to either sell my Motexion bulkhead or cut it to fit - seems a shame to butcher it though - I guess I could sell it and buy a swivel seat (for the passanger side) desisions desisions.......

I'm in two minds to either sell my Motexion bulkhead or cut it to fit - seems a shame to butcher it though - I guess I could sell it and buy a swivel seat (for the passanger side) desisions desisions.......
Hi Andy
Im Looking to buy a Motexion Bulkhead for my T6 Kombi...

Back